View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #290
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Believe me, I was close to going that route. Very close.

I guess I'm just sold on Mahomes as this teams future starter so much that it was worth waiting on other positions that have more depth to take him. Plus I'm not as sold on the QBs that would be available in the second round, either.

If KC doesn't find a future front line starting QB in this draft, they would probably need to give Alex Smith another extension to avoid next years huge cap chunk. Drafting Mahomes now gives the team lots of flexibility.
Yeah, with Mahomes on the board, that's where I'd have gone.

I was speaking to the assertion that Houston taking Mahomes would've been the 'nightmare scenario' that necessitated a trade-back. I don't see it. Barnett would've been a great pick if Mahomes was gone and Kizer would've been plenty defensible.

This mock really hasn't had any 'huh' moments. Bolles to Houston really isn't that far-fetched, to be honest. And even if they did take Mahomes, look at the other picks and tell me that any of them are unlikely (or at the very least, that any of the players selected are sure not to be selected that early).

It tells me that there should still be some damn good talent sitting there for us, either one of the 4 QBs (3, IMO, as I'm still not a Watson guy) or a player like Barnett that has slid because of the QB picks.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.