Thread: Food and Drink Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #694
BAMF!

I got to meet with the rep for Tom's Town Distillery the other day, and try their vodka, gin, and bourbon. They were all three unique and quite delicious. Vodka had some body to it, which was nice. I'm not a big vodka guy, but this was pleasant and would be great on the rocks.

I am a hater on gin for the most part, but their's isn't a london dry style. It is sweeter and less juniper. Not good a dirty martini, but it would make a great Aviation, Last Word, French 75, and maybe even a negroni (I hate campari).

Their bourbon was good. It is a 25% rye blend, so it sort of has that "spiciness". I like using rittenhouse for my sazeracs (or templeton rye if I want a milder one), so I probably wouldn't enjoy theirs in that particular drink. It was quite smooth though, and would be a good after dinner drink (neat/rocks).

I am not their rep or own any part of their company, but I was really impressed with their product and love that they are local. Prices were very reasonable, and apparently they have tours of their distillery (17th and Main). Their style is awesome too. Prohibition era labels based on Pendergrast. They even bought the rights to his original design to stick on their bourbon bottle.

Here is their site.
bowener has disabled reputation