View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #6719
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Always wondered why and how there was such a wide variation in quality BBQ between KC and the rest of the world. I was buying some back ribs yesterday from a quality butcher here in Chicago and as he's weighing and wrapping them he tells me how he likes to pour bbq sauce in a foil pan, lets his ribs boil in it on a charcoal grill and then finish them in the oven. Been doing it that way for 25 years he said. Felt like I saved those ribs from a kill kennel as I was checking out.

Anyway, did the ribs with Gates Hot-n-Spicy rub on the BGE 2-1.5-1. Finished with an agave glaze (agave, brown sugar, apple juice, splash of lemon).

What's the agave glaze? Why use agave vs. something else? Never heard of doing that, so curious why you do it. : cheers:

I have a pot of chili with beans going now. Add some cornbread later.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.