View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #6703
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
back in the day this would have sufficed me. but i now refuse to use any canned vegetables for anything. i will do frozen veggies, but only in things like my cream of mushroom and thyme chicken and rice. i think i posted my irish stew ingredients a page or two back
I understand this sentiment, but I had the veggies in the cupboard and wanted to use them up. I've made other stews that use gold potatoes sliced, and fresh mushrooms, but I had all the ingredients ready to go. It turned out fine. And yes, if you over cook it, the veggies can turn to mush. Also, I add just a little corn starch at the end to tighten it up just a bit. It was very tasty, hit the spot.

Oh, sometimes if you want the stew to have some spicy kick, I add mexican pickled carrots. They're wonderful, but a little dab will do ya.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.