Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #815
Fight, build, win!

My late father was a reloaded and taught me and I've been doing it ever since. I have a Hornaday press scales and powder drop and ream. I have various cal. Case resize and bullet seating dies. Don't waste money here you will be hard pressed to do better than rcbs. Single stage is fine for rifle loads for hunting and begining. But trust me for handgun get the best multi stage progressive you can afford. Dad had an old pacific but parts are impossible to find and all I can figure is he tossed it or gave away. Go easy on the case lube there is a happy medium between to little and to much. One is a stuck case the other is dented brass. Get a case extractor don't ruin your expensive dies. Have a good quiet spot don't let distraction take you away and forget where ya left off. Try to Finnish a task before taking a break such as reseat all the primers don't leave any stage half done. Scale weigh all your charges at first till you get a grain powder weight, bullet etc that groups at the bench and you will find a sweet spot. The you can experiment with the powder drop. This is particularly repetitive you pull it same way everytime. So if you pull pick your nose and scratch your ear and get a accurate charge do that everytime you will be surprised how accurate it can be. Also weigh those charges randomly. It's fun and seeing your results at bench will keep you doing the work. Handgun without multi stage press is work and will frustrate. Those rounds aren't as important unless your a match shooter. Have fun.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.