View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #6146
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I should note, the stuff I grow is Proso Millet, but Millet is really nutritious. It's really good as a staple. The best thing about it is it uses the least water per pound of grain to grow (you know, the whole desert thing).

All I'm saying is it doesn't taste very good out of the combine. Wheat (at least the variety we grow the most) has a lot fuller taste and a little sweet. Millet just tastes like bird seed (it is LOL).
I mostly use the samdwich loaves. I'll take a picture of my millet loaf when I get a new loaf since I am out. It doesn't taste like bird seed at all when combined with other ingredients, like rice flour. Millet has been a staple of native diets in Africa for a long time, to my knowledge.

I usually buy Udi's Gluten Free buns but they're not that good. Too small too. The best gluten free hamburger bun I ever had was at Red Robin's, great texture and flavor—soft and tender. It's corn and rice blend. For some reason, that those two seem to always make an ideal substitute. Ultimately, your taste buds change over time when you have to adjust to a new diet. Afterall, you don't notice the change much.

It is made by Sami's Bakery which is local. I forgot both the buns and the bread are both, millet and flax. It's mostly millet flour, as it's the first ingredient, but then it has organic brown rice, water, ground flax seeds, sea salt. No yeast which I have to avoid, but can have in limited amounts. No sweetners added either.

There's another brand of millet and flax breads, sold at another natural supermarket but I don't care for it. It breaks up too easily.

Sami's Pita Bakery, Inc.
2399 East Busch Blvd
Tampa, FL 813-989-2722
Toll Free 1-877-989-2722

www.samisbakery.com
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.