View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 11:18 PM   #369
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Just curious, but why an offset design? You could easily build a vertical brick smoker with either bricks or a steel plate between the fire and the food (with a small opening of course for smoke/heat) or you could put a rack in for a water pan between the fire and food. I've used different offset designs and different vertical designs over the years, and I've always turned out better results with vertical because the heat is so much more even throughout
i dont want to spend any money on steel lined doors and hinges in concrete. plus having my thin sheeted metal offset, i realize the food will be five times better and efficient with the brick insulation. to boot, you cannot create enough smoke without too much heat in a vertical. this is purely for smoking, no pizza's, nothing hot.

aaaaaaand... i am only working with the materials i have on hand

now for my disclaimer: i have never used a vertical so i may not know what i am talking about
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.