View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 05:48 AM   #1634
Veteran

It may not seem like much to those who are not in my shoes, but I am actually joyful that I am going to be able to have a big COLD glass of orange juice today with my breakfast. The oxiliplatin has not given me lasting cold sensitivity yet, but it is cumulative, so after a few more treatments, it may stay with me constantly. Drinking or eating anything cold when I have the sensitivity is very unpleasant. Think of a mouthful of burrs or tiny cacti in your mouth and throat. Touching anything cold, such as the glass that I poured my juice into, drains the heat from my fingers and makes it feel like I've gotten frostbite. I have to run hot water over my hands because waiting on my blood flow to warm me up again takes too long.

Before cancer, I certainly did enjoy my cold orange juice, but it wasn't something I thought about, being able to drink it that way. Now, I don't take it for granted. When it gets so I can no longer have it, then I'll go back to room temperature cranberry juice, which I also prefer cold, but it is a bit better than tolerable when it is not cold. Warm orange juice, though... forget it!

Now, if I *ever* get off the sodding xarelto and can have grapefruit juice again, that first big cold glass might just make me JIMP.
Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.