Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 12:10 AM   #372
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney37 View Post
The ones I have seen in that lower end range I felt quite frankly were junk. They had the hell beat out of them. They weren't well maintained over their service life for sure. I didn't bother to inspect the bolts and bores on them because they looked so bad. Honestly I'm envious The '03 is another one of the guns on my long wishlist.
I've found two small spots of surface pitting on the bolt, very light spots. Other than that, everything looks well taken care of. The action is smooth and the wood is in good shape. The inside of the barrel looks good. I'm taking it to a gunsmith before I shoot it. I'm also going to wax it as soon as possible.

Time to start saving for an M1 Garand.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.