View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #252
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
My new smoker arrives on Friday. I'm pretty pumped about it.

I'm a single guy so that means I'm going to be dealing with leftovers after each smoke (and yeah, yeah, I know...what are leftovers?). What do you guys do with leftovers? Do you ever freeze it? If so, do I need to add anything to my foodsaver bags?
I smoked many many years a single guy but now leftovers aren't a problem. As for ribs I would smoke 2 slabs thats plenty easy to eat up on your own. I would usually smoke a turkey breast or Pork butt for sammies. I used the foodsaver to freeze portions. If you use freezer bags I don't recommend but if you do use freezer paper and foil and wrap it tight then bag it but get on it quick. I just dont like beef or pork ribs frozen then reheated. Oh sausage is another item to throw in that freezes pretty good. Trial and error you will find what you can freeze and what you should smoke in smaller 2 meal portions. Oh brisket does well to freeze. What did you mean add to the foodsaver really dont need any I suppose sauce is fine if thats your thing. I dont recommend BBQ sauce while smoking unless its in the last half hour as the sugar will burn and ruin your world. I am a sauce on the side but realize many pork and beef rib folks like it on the meat.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.