View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #216
Fight, build, win!

I know a lot of guys are running higher smoking temps to push along larger briskets so to cut smokes from 12 to 14 down to the 8 hour range. I dont know of anyone that pushes 300 or more for a brisket I have done 275 with excellent results and try not to rise over 285 without damping the WSM. I wouldn't smoke ribs at a higher temp simply not worth the mistake as I have always had great results at 220 to 230. I never let drippings drop to the coals I either line the drip bowl or buy foil pans to catch. I dont worry about wood chunks after the first 2 hours as the meat I have been told has taken by then all the smoke they can and to much smoke can be detrimental with off tastes. Now that may or may not be true its just what I have been told over 35 years of smoking and works for me. I say if you smoke like your results and tastes good to you then your doing it right. I dont insist anyone follow anything I post in smoking I just post what I have done. I think some folks think if you dont do it as they say your doing it wrong.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.