View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #333
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
And both of mine love it.

We actually watched TPM last night.
My youngest first watched when she was 4 and she liked them at the time. But she really liked "Dark" Vader.
When TFA came out we went back and re-watched all 6 movies. Here were her criticisms of the prequels:
- There was no character to root for. (protagonist)
- The characters were boring and had no personality
- The plot was too political and a lot of times didn't make any sense
- Jar Jar Binks is the most annoying character in the history of film
Sure, when she was 4 Jar Jar was hilarious. Now that her skull is fully hardened she sees what the vast majority of Star Wars fans see.

There is a way to make the films fun for little kids and still satisfy the adult audience. I think they did a good job with TFA. "Dark" Vader is what made the original series so cool to her when she was 4, not the Ewoks. Real characters and a decent plot also helped.

BTW - She was laughing at how "whiny" Luke was in ANH - I agree
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.