View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 04:21 AM   #2644
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Never had a salmon patty before. What's in it, especially for seasonings? I have a friend who swears by marjoram in a salmon patty.

I'm going to make steak au poivre tomorrow. It's a trial run because it looks like a dish that'd be good for a couple I want to invite over at some point. Never made it before.

I thought I saw mention of this dish somewhere today. I got curious and looked it up. It looks like the perfect meal for an elegant dinner party.

I think potatoes dauphinoise would go well but the filet is supposed to be the center piece. Not that I will make these tommorrow but for later. Another ideas for sides or a special potato dish.

Potatoes Anna, Hasselbacks better?

Personally, I'd do the steak au poivre with a great KC strip (prime if you can find it), but filet is probably not in my top 5 steaks. I just think they're terribly overpriced and the only thing they really bring to the table is tenderness.

As for potatoes, without looking up what those are you mentioned, a well made potato galette is always elegant and tasty.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.