View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 04:26 PM   #302
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Wow DJ so you're going all in for 1 player and then waiting until the mid 5th Rd? I don't think I'd do that with this draft.

I think In a deep draft like this, you want as many picks as you can get in the top 100 bc the talent there is so good compared to other years.

Of course this depends on what happens. If Chris Jones ends up like our other 2nd rd pick Mitch Morse and KeiVarae Russell ends up like 3rd rd pick Travis Kelce, then we're in business.

All depends on the success of guys we picked, which btw I agree with you about Ehinger being a reach.
What the ****? When did I say that?

No. We stay at 28 and still have our 2nd. I'd have gladly sacrificed our 4th and probably next year's 3rd to move up. If I couldn't, I'd have stood pat at 28, taken Jack and red-shirted him (with the luxury of that 5th year player option that I still kept because I didn't foolishly trade out of the round).

And I actually liked the trade back in 2nd, I just thought it was particularly chicken-shit given his approach to the first and how blatantly obvious it was he had a hard-on to get back into the third round. Trading out in the 2nd is fine because there truly is very little consequence at that point. You don't lose any team control. It was just absurd to me that he sat there again and didn't use any of the accumulated draft capital he gained with his original trade down or that he'll have next year given the likely comp picks. Instead he just continued to sit there and hope and just kept rolling snakeyes.

As to Morse - the problem is that you can't hold Jones to the standard of a 2nd rounder because that's not what he was. He was our first rounder; we just bailed out of that pick for a pittance. Had they simply forgotten to turn the card in for 9 picks and then taken him, we'd have still used our 1st round pick to acquire him. That's essentially what we did here, we just picked up a bleh draft pick for our efforts and proceeded to use that pick pretty poorly.

Turning the 2nd into Russell and Murray was great; liked it a lot. Turning the first into Jones and Ehringer...blech.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.