Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #1060
There's always next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth View Post
They're not going to have Chuck go after the copy guy. Pointless sideplot, the tape is to damage Jimmy to play it for:

Kim - to once again drive her out of Jimmy's life.

Howard / HHM - to reclaim his believed infallibility.

Mesa Verde - redemption for Chuck's ego.

State Bar - to punish Jimmy publicly.

He'll for sure play it for Howard.
I'm fairly certain at some point he'll look for an opportune time to play it for Kim down the road when she and Jimmy hit a rough patch. Revenge served cold when she's the most malleable.

It’s 50/50 on playing it for Mesa Verde, and 2:1 he'll sit on the recording and knows he needs more than circumstantial proof before getting cops or the bar involved.

My guess is he's going to end up using it mostly to tarnish Jimmy informally with his personal and professional relationships.

I don't know if it would be expected that his brother would have an electronic device in there. Chuck obviously methodically planned on selling the notion that he was going off the deep end by feigning quitting HHM and the law, laying on the sob story to play on Jimmy's sympathy and heart, and staging the room with his Faraday cage nonsense to sucker Jimmy into a false sense to let his guard down.

Chuck seems to rail against Slippin Jimmy, but it’s pretty obvious Chuck knows how to be just as manipulating when he feels the ends justify the means.

Which is why Chuck is a sactimonious, jealous laden prick whose irrationally driven by the joy of seeing his brother fail to put himself on a pedestal since Jimmy was always the favored son.
I don't see it being for Kim. She 100 percent knows right? I mean, where did Jimmy get up and go after she gave that comment in bed. Not sure she would care about the tape and may run away with her fingers in her ears NOT to hear it.
MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.MikeMaslowski would the whole thing.