Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #2173
Veteran

I am not a YA fiction fan, dystopian or otherwise, so I'd tend to agree with the "meh" reviews and find that the similarities actually approach the derivative. However, like with any genre, my lack of interest can lead me to overlook the things that fans find so engaging and unique in novels, and making a movie distills out even more of those details due to time constraints, so much that what may have resonated for many, falls completely flat for me (and clearly I'm not alone.)

I watched the first one and I found the lead character uninteresting. There was clearly a directorial choice to have the actor mute her performance a bit, likely to emphasize her choices as unexpected and bold, but it did her no favors in revealing any depth. I did like the world building and alot of the action was cool, but if I can't remember the characters names an hour after the movie is over, something went wrong.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli