Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #850
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
It's entirely possible that Chuck's story was 100 percent true. But let's remember: It was told completely from his POV.

I think there's room for skepticism. For instance, he told Kim his father was a paragon of honesty, a saint, really put him on a pedestal. Thus, he couldn't imagine Dad doing anything remotely wrong.

So what if ... that $14,000 missing from the business was actually Dad spending a bit on, say, gambling, or some other vice. Chuck's idealization of his Dad -- and his inherent dislike/distrust of his brother -- may have led him to wrongly assume Jimmy skimmed the money. His Dad wouldn't accept that because he knew Jimmy was innocent, but he was too guilt-ridden to fess up to Chuck.
Oh Kim...I mean Khatru. You just keep putting your faith in Jimmy and he just keeps burning you. Was it Chuck's fault that a con-man convinced 9 yr old Jimmy to steal from the till as well?

Jimmy's has a soft heart and a bad BAAAAD moral compass. That's not Chuck's fault, nor is Chuck the bad guy for seeing Jimmy for who he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan View Post
You're right in that means; I just feel Jimmy's crookedness will be amplified by his frustrations with Chuck.

I guess my intentions were that Jimmy wouldn't become Saul as we know him without a slight nudge from Chuck's continuous distrust and anticipatory treatment of Jimmy.
It sure looks to me like Jimmy became Saul after he decided to embrace who he truly was. Despite all the hang-wringing over the 'path' that Chuck put Jimmy on, Jimmy had made partner at a successful, straight arrow firm and he intentionally sabotaged that. All the roadblocks (fair as they were) put up by Chuck had been cleared. That's on Jimmy and has nothing to do with Chuck.

It was Jimmy's realization of self that put him on the path to becoming Saul. Hell, if anything, striving to be Chuck is the only thing that pushed that off for a few years.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.