Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #791
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm not pointing it out to suggest that it's necessarily 100% accurate - but Chuck thinks it is and it colors his view of Jimmy. As such, Chuck's actions and distrust of Jimmy isn't driven by malevolent motives, but rather genuine concern over the well-being of his silk stocking law practice.
I think Chuck's motives are deeper than professional. Of course, he wants to protect his firm. But I think he's also jealous of Jimmy, who has the people skills Chuck doesn't -- they even work on Rebecca! Growing up, Chuck was always the serious, hard-working one; Jimmy cut corners but people didn't care because he was popular. Chuck has always resented that.

Telling that story to Kim was a way to get her to distance herself from Jimmy. A twofer: Good for the firm -- and sure to hurt Jimmy.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.