View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 12:51 AM   #1110
Stuff & Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed View Post
I have been reading about the chemo pills. So, I have to wear gloves to handle them, and the pills go in my mouth. I should call the doctor right away if I vomit blood or it looks like coffee grounds. I must be very careful not to wound myself as I might just bleed and bleed and bleed. Sick people must be avoided like walkers on the Walking Dead. My bone marrow may not make enough stuff my body needs, so I may need blood transfusions. It might change my sense of taste. The runs are to be expected. Fatigue may be intense. NO beer. There's more, but I threw all the papers down in disgust.

Oh, and one of the clinical trials sounds really fun. They'd cut me again, laparoscopic surgery, and put beads in my liver that contain mouse cancer and then something would attack that cancer and the stuff I already have. I *hate* mice! I hate having people root around in my guts, too.

If I die on June 22nd, I don't think that would be so bad. It would be my last day in Denmark so everything I wanted to do during my trip would have been done, and I'd avoid at least one airplane meal and Newark airport. Other than flatly refusing, I see no way out of the chemo pills, however.

Ed, I don't know if it's been mentioned here or not and I don't really care.

With all the supportive messages you've received and people telling you to keep fighting, somethings been lost.

I want to thank you.

You have decided to enroll in a grueling clinical trial that can have severe side effects. Where you could just decide to say "**** it" and stop all treatment, go on your vacations and things like that and have a huge grand finale, you've instead decided to seek answers for this horrible disease that's taken so many. For that, I thank you. While it may or may not be the answer doctors are looking for, it's a variable they can either eliminate or utilize for future generations.

You are doing important work, my friend. No matter the outcome you've decided to take us one more step towards a cure.

Thank you, Ed. Keep up the good fight my man. You are an inspiration to many.
Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.