View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #1061
Red, White & Blue for the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed View Post
I have seen that some of you have been to Scotland and Edinburgh, in particular. Any ideas of what I should see and do? I've got a list of pubs which I will visit, because I love my beer, pub grub, and all, plus I will tour the castle. Consulting my Scottish friend in Denmark about trying buckfast and irn bru, he said leave the buckfast well alone but have the irn bru with fish and chips. For those who don't know, buckfast is a fortified wine (think Boones or MD 20/20) and irn bru is some sort of soft drink with obscene amounts of caffeine and sugar. From what I have seen online about it, I tend to think it tastes like diabetes! But, in Scotland, it outsells Coke.

And by the way, I know not to say "Edin-BURG" because the locals will frown upon it. They say it "Edinburra" or if I want to sound like I am really hip to the lingo, "Embra!"
Edinburgh is a must-see. One of the most beautiful cities in the world. Lots to see, eat and many great pubs. Also, I liked Stirling - home of the William Wallace memorial and Stirling castle. Great small town and a few really nice pubs.
KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.