View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #1054
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed View Post
I haven't posted any updates in a while about my condition, because there isn't much new to tell. I am still on the stuff I was on since September and the rash is not as bad in some ways and worse in others. It never went wild again over my face like it did in October, but it spread all over my chest and abdomen. The nausea is there but not as severe and I have not puked since the very first day after the new treatment started.

I did get my treatment schedule changed in mid February since I do not want to be hooked to the pump and have to worry about the tubes getting ripped out when I am at the Black Sabbath concert here in KC.

So for some good news... my trip is all set now. I have my airfare, hotels, and apartment on the beach secured, I've scouted out many pubs in Edinburgh for my side trip and will take a 12 hour coach tour up to Loch Ness with a few interesting stops along the way, including a Scotch distillery tour. I'm not a whisky guy, but hey, when in Scotland a lad has to have a wee dram and some haggis, right?

My brother can't make the trip this year so I will be going solo again. I just have to regain some strength to schlepp my luggage. I had help last year with my brother, Chipp, and Rod along, but not this time. I will manage somehow, though. I do have lots of friends and family over there, but Scotland will be an entirely new experience. I am part Scottish on my dad' side, but have no idea where in Scotland that part is from. I just know the old man's last name was MacGhee, my grandmother's father, so he was my great-gramps or whatever they call Scottish grandpas. I intend to absorb as much as I can of Scotland in order to feel and understand my limited roots there, so I will take in sights, sounds, smells, textures, tastes, and whatever else as much as I possibly can. I will eat the common man's comfort foods, drink the ales, listen to the songs, listen to the accents, and study the architecture and landscapes. I want to feel the wind, feel the sun, and the rain. Give me as much Scotland as I can experience in 5 days!

I have even found a few new places to check out in Denmark where I will spend most of the 2 months away. It's going to be great and I leave in 3 months!
I was in Edinburgh in March about 10 years ago. I was only there for a couple of days but really enjoyed it. The central area is very walkable. Cold as hell at night. Three months from now gets you almost to May which should be a sight better than my experience in March.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.