Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 12:17 AM   #661
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
We're clearly at an impasse, but the process is driven by the creation of the script.

If scripts were called for quicker and funded, they would show up quicker and more personnel would be recruited for the DETAILS of locations, production, casting, sets and editing. And the ****ING ACTORS would be there to perform as well.

In that respect, South Park and The Daily Show are exactly like network TV. South Park has maniacal workaholic creators who can write quality episodes on a dime. The Daily Show has an armada of researchers and detail personnel who can assemble the called for material on demand.

Music? SP has musical episodes with indelible songs with lyrics, created on the same deadline.

So educate me. If an hour show takes an 80 week to score, do 30 minute shows take a 40 hour week? Does a 2 hour movie take 2 80 hour weeks to score? Does a min-series take 3-4 weeks? I mean, if it's a strict time-on-task matter, can a twice as gifted composer compose twice as fast like a twice as fast fabricator at the Ford plant? Did the theme for Green Acres take more or less time than the theme for Dr. Zhivago? Did the theme for Seinfeld take more or less time than The Godfather?

I don't know why you are so hung up on this. It's a creative process. That's fine. It's not a knock.

Sometimes The Beatles bang out a few of the greatest pop songs ever in an hour or so. Sometimes, a less inspired or qualified prog rock group takes decades to put together an album. Sometimes, the cast and crew of Apocalypse Now nearly kills themselves over months in the jungle. Sometimes a Kevin Smith or Robert Rodriguez pump out a classic in weeks on adrenaline, credit cards, and the time appropriate version of a GoPro.
Good ****ing God.

I'll address all these fallacies in due time.

But for someone who watches everything, it's amazing how little respect you have for it all.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.