View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #957
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

he's talking shredded mozzarella. Use blocks, not bagged. Bagged cheese has corn starch added to keep it from sticking and that affects how it melts.

I actually don't like fresh mozz on pizza unless it's a margherita style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I do.

I also add cornmeal to the crust from time to time.

I never heard of blocks, let alone seen them, but I have seen the balls.

If you buy the fresh balls, a lot of water oozes out all over the pizza. You have to sop that stuff up while it's cooking. I hate the shredded mozzarella though. It melts weird for me. I've used the fresh balls and sliced them up though, but recently tried flat slices that I break up and like that best. No water oozing out and still tasty in larger slices.

I also top with fresh basil that I chiffonade (which is easy and fun to do) but only add the last few minutes.

Don't "whirl" around while you toss the dough up in the air. Unless you know how to juggle lest your dough drop and stick to the floor.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.