View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #537
Cheat Death

Had my first dinner club meal last night.

It was a market burger with horseradish cheddar, garlic aioli, arugula, and Nueske bacon. Plus pimento cheese fries and a homemade oreo cookie.

It was probably the 3rd best burger I've had in Chicago. Could have been great but the horseradish cheddar was way aggressive, and I like horseradish. The pimento cheese fries were probably my favorite and the homemade oreo cookie was likely great if you're a bigger fan of oreo's than I am.

Observations: It seems like it's a thing here that when dining out, you always take half home with you. This event confirmed it for me. I'm not sure if it's a caloric control strategy, a financial strategy, or the result of people living in 800 sq feet apartments with inadequate kitchens and lack the desire to cook. Most everyone we know here eats out A LOT, and rarely talk about cooking themselves or grocery shopping. I can understand a huge portioned entree, but taking half a cheeseburger home only to reheat it later seems criminally odd.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.