Thread: Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 10:51 AM   #887
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
If you're going to be working with anything exotic, go over the top with it. They sell units to do what you want, but like everything, they're not cheap. I found an old paint booth system at an auction and ran some pipe to the lathe and sander with caps I just put back on when not in use.

African Blackwood on the lathe tried to kill me and Spalted woods are the devil. Take care of those lungs.
Yeah, I'm some distance removed from that kind of expensive.

A buddy of mine was working with some wood that was black and spalted with red so it looked like flame through the wood. This stuff was as pretty as anything I've ever seen...and it cost him about $200 to build a pen holder out of it.

Maybe on some one-off projects I'd use purple heart or something interesting like that, but I don't expect to be doing much like that; I'm simply not nearly good enough (and my patience is...uh...lacking).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.