View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 06:19 PM   #878
union paraplegic organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Did some hydro with roommates in my early 20's. Set it up well, and it seems the only thing you have to do is check up on the plants. Which you do everyday out if excitement anyway.

Change the water out a couple of times, add nute's and you're good. Flush and harvest.

You must have been in an area with good water. Here it comes out of the tap @ 6.8-7.3. & needs to be high 5's.

Also since I'm growing in a smaller tent I need to keep the humidity levels down while flowering or the buds get mold.

As long as the dehumidifier is continuously kicking on I've found that means the plant is photosynthesizing properly. That's how I can tell if one of them is sick. Low H20 intake & humidity.

The sweet spot is around 75-78 degrees for my Chemdawg. When it is that temp consistently, the dehumidifier seems like it runs constantly & H20 uptake is higher.

I've been spraying them on occasion with Dutch Masters Liquid Light/Satuator. I read where DM has a school where they develop & test everything they make so I try to stay with their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz View Post
I wonder how one of those small greenhouses would work.
I'm working my wife. The only hydroponic plant that lived throughout the summer was my wife's tomato plant. The 1st tomato that came off she said was one of the best she's had. Way better than her Dad's. I accused her of being full of shit but she's stood by her word.

But she agreed that a greenhouse would be so much better for me. I have a buddy who grows only in the dirt & every year whatever he plants in the greenhouse always gets a lot bigger than what he has outside.

I don't know a lot about them but my only concern would be how hot it gets back there? Is there such a thing as too hot?

Anyhoots, Harbor Freight has like a 6' x 8' for $300, 1st of the year on sale for $199. It hasn't been that cheap since. They also have a bigger one, I think 10' x 12' but they want like $5-600. They don't have any dimensions on the smaller one's door so we've held off for now.
rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.