Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #1919
You gotta kill a few people

*The NEW Movies Thread*

I watched the original Alien yesterday.

I can see how it was critically acclaimed in a different era. Although I already knew the outcome, they did a good job of setting up suspense and intrigue.

With that said, thank God for modern advances in costume design, animatronics, and CGI. The Alien was so obviously a man in a poorly designed suit that it was distracting. The scene where you can see the obvious swap between Ash's robotic head and his real head was the most egregious. It reminded me of Arnie taking off his sunglasses in the original Terminator.

Their idea of future tech is also pretty hilarious. These boxy 70s-esque computers and operating systems on a supposedly interstellar-capable spacecraft just makes you laugh. They can terraform planets 40 light-years away but their rendition of a motion detector is a leaf-blower that can only detect movement from about 10 feet away.

Prometheus is supposedly set in the same universe and as a prequel to Alien but their tech is vastly superior. It's just me nitpicking, I know- I just found it funny. That movie definitely wasn't intended to be viewed for the first time nearly 40 years after its creation. I suppose some douchey little kid will watch Prometheus in 40 years and laugh at the idea of 3-D holograms.

All in all it was a good experience. It was cool to see the space jockey and derelict spaceship.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.