Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #1377
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
I'd say about 20 or so.

I've never eaten a flathead before, and I've heard the bigger they are, the worst they taste. I want to try one, but I don't want to kill a big fish like this just to find out that I don't like it.

It was his lucky day, because most people down there don't release them.

Good man, if you dont plan to eat it... let it go.

I know people who have cattle/pig troughs at their home and they'll take big cats like that home and put them in a tank of well water for a few days before chopping them up into fritters.

Its supposed to clean out the old, muddy taste and my tastebuds think its probably true... but I'm glad he went back in to create another generation worth catching.

Last week, went out to one of my favorite spots at the big local lake about 10 am... someone just hours earlier caught two really nice 8-10 pound channel cats and just threw them on the bank to die, they were both half stinking by the time I got there.

Would love nothing more than to beat their faces in with the ax handle I keep in the truck... if you're going to eat it, fine... but to just throw them on the bank and leave them to die blows my blood pressure through the roof.

I was so mad I could hardly even fish for atleast a half hour after I threw them back in to an out of the way area... "whats WRONG with you people?"
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.