Thread: Movies and TV HBO: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #803
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
I thought it was good. It felt a bit scattered. I imagine it's harder to introduce the 4 leads as opposed to 2. Especially since Marty and Rust could be together in a lot of scenes and that wasn't the case yet for this show.

It doesn't seem like were gonna get much levity which leaves it pretty bleak.

Rust and Marty weren't necessarily "good guys" but it was easy to buy in and be on their side because they were trying to prevent a great evil. There's nothing like that yet, it was just hey look at these broken assholes

The story seems like it could be pretty interesting though
I picked up on this too. The anti-hero profile is great for these types of shows and season 1 did that to perfection.

Elisabeth Moss in Top of the Lake is probably what you're going to get from Rachel McAdams but already I can tell she isn't going to be as good as that was.

Colin Farrell just isn't likable. That's not to say he can't be entertaining but him beating the shit out of someone doesn't have the same heartwarming effect as Rust and Marty had.

I don't know what to say about Riggins. I loved this guy in FNL and I get what he is. I feel like he's this guy who never even wanted to be an actor but people keep forcing this shit down his throat.

Should have got Zach Gilford instead, haha

Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Bambi < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.