Thread: Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 08:54 PM   #545
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
Bulleit Rye is very good for the price. It will run you around $30 for a 750 ml. Rittenhouse Rye is also a very nice starter Rye and will run you around $25. It's bottled in bond, putting its ABV at exactly 50%, whereas Bulleit is around 45-47% ABV.

I like bourbon a lot but it's a very sweet spirit and I have found that Rye whiskey really hits the spot as its spicy nature makes it much easier to drink than bourbon, especially when drinking neat.
I know of Bulliet...I shall have to try that. I've 'graduated' to drinking my bourbon/scotch neat, so that's good to know. I have found that they run me really hot, so that's why I avoid them in the summer. But, I'll give the rye a shot.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.