View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #829
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I worked with a woman up until a couple years ago who actually told me she was only working until she could find a man and start making babies. She had a degree, and knew all along that's what she wanted to do. It's a very southern belle thing down here.
It's something like operating with the fighter pilot community (at least a little), once you hang with them in the O-Club on a Naval Air station, you see how women, many who'd mothers did the same thing, seek-out fighter pilots.

It's not surprising as fighter jocks are thought to be the Fabio's of the military (Duh, they fly the coolest planes in the world, and they're all Tom Cruise!!!), and there's the lure of a steady income to say the least, but there's certainly something amazing about watching it in action, and seeing how the girls/women of that ilk start with fighter pilots at the top of the list, then tend to settle as they move down the list towards tugboat skipper. And I'm BY NO MEANS saying that it's all women or all fighter pilot's wives/girlfriends, it's NOT, but you sure can see it play-out in the fighter pilot-heavy O-Clubs as compared to the others.

My experience came at NAS Oceana when my group worked out of Dam Neck and were were working with some of pilots in the aviation community in their role as close air support (FA-18s and A-10s at the time). A Warthog pilot from Langley AFB was laughing with one of the FA-18 pilots during a break (we were in a classroom on Oceana) about who's O-Club had more "bait", and it was just awesome. Then we went... LOL, just LOL! I had heard tales having grown up in Va. Beach, but had never bothered going, and I was simply amazed...

Another funny part was that years later I ended up working on Langley AFB, and found that it was indeed the same thing on an Air Force base.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote