View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 05:24 PM   #388
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
That's the way I'm leaning.
With the 8 speed Automatics its a lot different now. The 8A transmissions are faster than a manual. This seems to be accepted dogma among gear-heads. If you have the same driver skill level and car, the A8 will win every time.

In another thread we were talking about my car staying with the Hellcat in a race up to 90 mph because of the A8 against the manual. After that the 200+ more HP of the Hellcat will pull away. The most HP always wins.

I'm not going to race at the track or on the street. I will be able to out run 99% of the cars on the street. Knowing that is good enough for me. I bought the car because it was cool, to me anyway.

I have a daily 1.5 hour drive to work. I just didn't want to be shifting in traffic all the time. But, remember the A8 transmission has the paddles on the steering wheel. I can switch to a manual shift at any time. So if I want to play around with manually going through the gears, I can at any time.

Makes a lot of sense for the automatic then. Very cool concept with this new technology. With a commute like that, it would be much more fun to have the automatic anyway. Stop and go with a manual is a real bitch in a big city. I'm lucky my commute is much shorter than yours and over half freeway, otherwise I would loathe the manual.

Can't wait to see this thing when you get it! Is the garage hangout still a go and setup or will this thing see the garage for a while?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.