Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #585
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
While all those things may be true, there's also very obviously selfish motivations in Chuck as well (as you admitted last week, I believe). I'd say his own pride/ego certainly affected his own decision to cut Jimmy off too.
Agreed. There's also, imo, the sibling dynamic of his brother just isn't good enough to do what Chuck does, in his opinion. And what that really equates to is that Chuck thinks he's better than Jimmy (maybe correctly)... and that's never a good starting point for sibling relationships.

It's doubly galling in that Jimmy has been taking care of Chuck this whole time and struggling to make it as a lawyer, and Chuck blithely sits back and eats up Jimmy's devotion. Nevermind that the whole reason that Jimmy's struggling so much is in large part due to Chuck's refusal to help him in his legal career. I think that's what galls me so much about Chuck, that Jimmy's certainly good enough to take care of his insane ass and do all sorts of menial bullshit for him that has absolutely zero financial rewards, but god forbid he practice law.

Oh, and he has Jimmy going out and "negotiating" with the firm on his behalf from a legal standpoint, but it's completely under false pretenses the whole time.

It reeks of elitist classism.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.