Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 01:56 PM   #574
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I don't fault Kim at all - the difference is that I'm also not faulting Chuck. I believe that I'm at least being consistent.

Chuck correctly believed that Jimmy wasn't a good fit for the firm and he tried to spare Jimmy's feelings in using Howard as the hatchet man there. His motives were exactly the same as Kim's - to spare him a truth that he probably didn't need, a truth that would only gut him.

And no, Chuck didn't steer him in that direction - Jimmy would have ended up heading that direction either way.

Good shows don't need a bad guy. They don't need a good guy. They operate in shades of gray and trade in moral ambiguity. Telling Chuck to **** himself and blaming him for the guy that Jimmy becomes does a huge disservice to the quality of the show itself, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.