Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 09:07 AM   #556
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankotank View Post
some interesting convo in here about whether he's crushed or just doesn't give a shit.
I think it's both. at first he was crushed.....then came to an acceptance.....then moved on. unfortunately in the interest of time I don't think it played very well in 45 minutes of television. in the real world it WOULD take time to digest.....be ****ING PISSED OFFFFF.....for a while actually.....and then get to acceptance (Jimmy shrugs and says "my brother thinks I'm scum and I've realized nothing I can do will ever change that)....and then move past it. but in TV world they don't wanna use 2 or 3 episodes for this transition.

before watching the latest episode I went back and watched the Chuck/Jimmy exchange where Jimmy called him out. amazing scene. as soon as Chuck realized Jimmy knew....his facial expression changed to one of.....ugh....just....it just repulsed me. arrogant. mean. almost evil.
**** you chuck!
To be fair, he was running scams for a week, when he decided to go back to New Mexico. Think about it like if he were binging with substance abuse. That's a hell of a long time to be drunk as **** or high as a kite From that perspective, that's a hell of a lot of coping.

The scene is incredibly well acted and produced. I agree, Chuck couldn't hold the facade anymore. It was weird to me though, that he tried to get Jimmy to come back after he ****ing drug his ass through the mud and Jimmy left.

That scene and Mike explaining to his daughter in law WTF is going on are the best scenes in the series. Goddamned powerful television.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.