Thread: Movies and TV Twin Peaks to Return on Showtime
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I've never seen "Twin Peaks" but now that it's on Netflix, I may give it a shot.
I only wish you had the opportunity to see the pilot with zero expectations, and no knowledge of television that happened in its wake.

It holds up quality-wise, but I don't know that its revolutionary nature can ever be recreated.

However, I am also kind of curious how it would be judged by someone who can watch it AS a precursor of what's to come, kind of like people today who independently come to appreciate the genius of Citizen Kane given ITS time and place.

That said, I don't want to over-hype it. The best advice I can give is sit down and watch the pilot trying your best to be a late 80s network TV viewer vaguely aware of David Lynch and not much else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Ironically, one of the first people I befriended immediately after moving to L.A. played Leo Johnson.
BTW. Did you also meet?

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.