Thread: Let's talk WRs
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
I think he has AJ Green upside. I am fine with how Parker finishes plays and he competes hard from what I've seen.
Slow down a little, AJ Green is likely the single most talented receiver in this league. He's better than Megatron, and arguably better all around than Dez Bryant, and without the emotional and attitude problems. That's like, super high praise to say someone has AJ Green upside, and I just don't see it.

Have you seen Parker block on the opposite side of some of these plays though? I don't know. Now, hell yeah he finishes strong when he's got the ball, or the play is coming to his side, but that's one of those "Big Tuna" situations where even the smallest shit can signify a transitional issue into the NFL.

And I bring up blocking because in this offensive scheme, with the personnel that we have, our receivers NEED to be able to block, there's no avoiding that. Which is why guys like Bowe, Hemingway, and Jenkins are seeing significant time while Hammond and Wilson aren't. And I really wanted to see Wilson getting snaps and he's been absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
All I know is that after watching the Chiefs drop ball after ball again, they absolutely MUST draft a couple of receivers in 2015. Holy ****.
Yeah, Bowe's gottttta get his ass in gear and get open, and Alex needs to start trying to get the ball down the field a little more. Bowe is a ****ing rockstar at getting PI called against him. However, that miss today made me want to cry. But then he had two SOLID catches in contention on 3rd downs that made me happy again. He's just not super duper consistent and it pisses me off.

About the only person you can trust to get the ball consistently right now is Kelce, and he's still young and improving, and nothing on this team excites me more than his growth in this offense. He could be truly amazing as he and Alex get more comfortable with one another.

I Love the little I've seen from DAT so far, and Hemingway and Jenkins have both shown a thing or two finally, though with Hemingway's injury, which could be bigger than it looked, I'm hoping this means we see more of Albert Wilson who I was pretty excited about after the draft.
Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.Exoter175 would the whole thing.