View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #44
Kindness in words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I was a big advocate for Kyle Van Noy before the draft, but looking at Dee Ford, it makes far more sense to draft a guy like the playmaker we did.

He's much faster than Van Noy running a 4.54 to Van Noy's 4.71.He's stronger than Van Noy benching 8 more reps at 225.

Most importantly, his first step blows Van Noy's out of the water. It's not even close. And that is absolutely what this team needed last year.

So you're telling me that selecting a guy who is as fast and as strong as Jadeveon Clowney, has a first step that is scientifically proven, both on game tape and in sports science, to be the same as Von ****ing Miller and is also hungry to succeed....was a bad pick? And we got this guy at pick number 23? Seriously?

I haven't felt this good about a first round pick since Eric Berry. It's been proven time and time again that adding more pass rushers with standout qualities is a plan for success.

On paper Dee Ford looks like he is a weaker version of Von Miller, but better and more stronger version of Bruce Irvin. I'll absolutely take that and I do think the kid is going to be very fun to watch this season.
The problem I have with it is that he might have a great first step, but the freaking guy never turned the corner in a game. Never. He couldn't fight through or maneuver around a tackles initial punch. If he got the inside step on the snap, he was effective, but that's about it. That will get absolutely and unequivocally negated in the pros. Guards are too freaking good. Tackles are too fast and too long.

I think that they are hoping that they can coach up his athletic potential, but they are really hoping that they (the Chiefs defensive coaching staff) are starting with football's version of Locke's Association of Ideas versus a guy who has an understanding of pass rush techniques and is capable of applying them in a game time situation.
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.