ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Scheduled Games/Teams for 2024 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=353382)

GabyKeepsMeWarm 05-09-2024 06:47 PM

Scheduled Games/Teams for 2024

Forgive me if I'm already posting known info, but while the actual schedule doesn't get released until next Thursday, I did see a release today regarding who we'll be playing.

Home Games

Denver Broncos
LA Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away Games

Denver Broncos
LA Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers

cmh6476 05-09-2024 06:51 PM

Thanks for this groundbreaking information!

Spott 05-09-2024 06:54 PM

These teams lived near you?

staylor26 05-09-2024 06:54 PM

Honestly, probably the best schedule we've had in years.

Rainbarrel 05-09-2024 07:04 PM

Until the Refs are announced, it's all peacock at full tail spread

MatriculatingHank 05-09-2024 07:11 PM

Other news: We drafted a fast WR and an huge OT. I can't find the source

GabyKeepsMeWarm 05-09-2024 07:25 PM

Alright, so clearly this is old information. New to me though. Mods, feel free to delete.

notorious 05-09-2024 07:35 PM

Gabbykeepsusinformed!

TwistedChief 05-09-2024 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm (Post 17515024)
Alright, so clearly this is old information. New to me though. Mods, feel free to delete.

The bulk of the schedule was known to people here multiple years ago.

A small fraction was only figured out late in the season.

That's how the process works every year. There is no subjectivity to NFL scheduling contrary to whining of moronic fans everywhere who bemoan, "Why are we playing an away game there once again!? The NFL is rigged!"

GabyKeepsMeWarm 05-09-2024 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17515032)

That's how the process works every year. There is no subjectivity to NFL scheduling contrary to whining of moronic fans everywhere who bemoan, "Why are we playing an away game there once again!? The NFL is rigged!"

I guess I'm just a moron then. Division games are a given, and I knew the NFC South, AFC North were in the rotation for this year, I just didn't "know" about the others. Again, mods, feel free to delete, or I guess we can just keep this thread going so everyone get their chance to make me feel stupid.

Red Dawg 05-09-2024 07:54 PM

ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 17515002)
Thanks for this groundbreaking information!

wazu 05-09-2024 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17515032)

Oh there is a ton of subjectivity to it, but it isn't about who or where we play. It's the rest advantages/disadvantages that the NFL builds in. And they've become more and more extreme in doing it. The Chiefs had to overcome it last year, and I would guess they'll have to again this year.

Coach 05-09-2024 08:04 PM

One thing is that I do believe the Chiefs will be the season opener on Thursday. Only a matter of who's the opponent will be.

cmh6476 05-09-2024 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm (Post 17515043)
I guess I'm just a moron then. Division games are a given, and I knew the NFC South, AFC North were in the rotation for this year, I just didn't "know" about the others. Again, mods, feel free to delete, or I guess we can just keep this thread going so everyone get their chance to make me feel stupid.

We're all just as anxious as you for the real deal to be revealed next week

TwistedChief 05-09-2024 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17515050)
Oh there is a ton of subjectivity to it, but it isn't about who or where we play. It's the rest advantages/disadvantages that the NFL builds in. And they've become more and more extreme in doing it. The Chiefs had to overcome it last year, and I would guess they'll have to again this year.

The teams we play home and away are not subjective. It’s math.

If you’re desperate to pretend that the NFL otherwise schedules the Chiefs in such a way, enjoy that fantasy. Some teams win in some years and lose in others based on rest. I’m sure Chiefs fans only acknowledge it when that disadvantages them.

The rest factor is far more likely a function of the fact that we play an insane amount of prime time games, and that’s a function of the team’s success.