ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Another OffSeason Topic: Drones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352771)

HonestChieffan 03-17-2024 06:05 PM

Another OffSeason Topic: Drones

Not sure we have a thread on this but Im on the verge of buying a drone to use doing some specialized videos as well as using to supply some added value to my customers.

Looking at a DJI Mini Pro 4. Had one demonstrated today and wow quality videos and stills

Who has a drone and can add to the knowledge base here?

Pablo 03-17-2024 06:35 PM

700.00 dollar drones are the only ones worth buying

Jewish Rabbi 03-17-2024 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17447951)
700.00 dollar drones are the only ones worth buying

Good luck everyone knows to look for you

Buehler445 03-18-2024 08:00 AM

I haven't paid attention to the drone market in awhile and probably should.

The thing I always watch for is how it handles wind.

stanleychief 03-18-2024 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17447904)
Not sure we have a thread on this but Im on the verge of buying a drone to use doing some specialized videos as well as using to supply some added value to my customers.

Looking at a DJI Mini Pro 4. Had one demonstrated today and wow quality videos and stills

Who has a drone and can add to the knowledge base here?

To be honest, I haven't kept up with the market in a few years, but overall, you can't go wrong with DJI as far as quality goes. I own an original Mavic Pro and an Avata. They are both fantastic, but very different from each other. The Mini series has always looked to be a great value if you want a single lightweight drone.

Are you planning on indoor shoots, or just outdoor?

HonestChieffan 03-18-2024 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleychief (Post 17448417)
To be honest, I haven't kept up with the market in a few years, but overall, you can't go wrong with DJI as far as quality goes. I own an original Mavic Pro and an Avata. They are both fantastic, but very different from each other. The Mini series has always looked to be a great value if you want a single lightweight drone.

Are you planning on indoor shoots, or just outdoor?

Outdoor.... we flew yesterday in 10-15mph and only had two warnings. Thats certainly manageable fro me

seamonster 03-18-2024 10:03 AM

DJI is the gold standard in drone technology but keep in mind that it's ran by highly suspicious a-holes from china. I bought a DJI mini and made a 3d model of my house -- using the drone imagery -- so that I can get rudimentary measurements for exterior work. Thing to keep in mind with drones is that there's entire areas of the US that are off-limits to drones. If you fall within the radius of these areas your drone will not take off. If that's the case you'd be better off buying a smaller toy drone. A few years ago the best I found was the Tello.