ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Dallas Cowboys will have the best offense in 2020-NFL.com (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332990)

Megatron96 08-13-2020 03:39 PM

The Dallas Cowboys will have the best offense in 2020-NFL.com

Article by Adam Schein (excerpt):

Quote:

"We are less than a month away from the start of the 2020 NFL season, and I'm dreaming of offense. The stars, the strategies and the subplots -- yes, the subplots!

I can't wait for Ben Roethlisberger's return to action in Pittsburgh. I'm endlessly curious about how Joe Brady will transform the Panthers' offense. And I'm dying to see what the beautiful football mind of 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan has in store for all of us this season.

But actually, I don't anticipate any of those offenses shining brightest in 2020. Which units will? Here is my prediction for this season's best offenses, Schein Nine style.

No. 1 - Dallas Cowboys

The 2019 Cowboys ranked first in total offense and sixth in scoring. And honestly? You ain't seen nothing yet! Dallas' offensive numbers are about to explode.

Mike McCarthy is a terrific head coach -- and a major upgrade over Jason Garrett. He's going to get the most out of Dak Prescott, who is somehow still playing for a long-term deal. Dak set career highs in passing yards (4,902), yards per attempt (8.2) and TD tosses (30) in 2019. Jerry and Stephen Jones should've locked him up, because Prescott's production -- and his price tag -- will only go up under the watchful eye of McCarthy. Especially with the wealth of receiving riches at the quarterback's disposal. The Cowboys' WR trio is eye-popping. Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup each eclipsed 1,100 yards last season. They obviously have a great rapport with No. 4. And then there's the All-American wideout who fell into Dallas' lap at No. 17 overall in April's draft. CeeDee Lamb will be an instant star at The Star. In fact, I think he'll be the best receiver on the team this season. Yes, he's that big a talent, an absolute killer in big spots.

And I haven't even mentioned Ezekiel Elliott, who remains the straw that stirs the drink on this Cowboys offense. In his four NFL seasons, he's claimed two rushing titles (and led the NFL in rushing yards per game three times). Last year, he got off to a slow start following a 40-day contract holdout. And still, he rushed for 1,357 yards and 12 touchdowns, while catching 54 balls for 420 yards and two more scores. At 25, he remains squarely in his prime and will dazzle behind an offensive line that the grading gurus over at Pro Football Focus rank as the No. 3 group in football entering the 2020 campaign.

Simply put, America's team has America's elite offense."
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-top-n...ns-and-bengals

BigRedChief 08-13-2020 03:41 PM

Schein has been a Mohomie since before the draft. Interesting. :doh!:

Kman34 08-13-2020 03:41 PM

Hack

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15112777)
Who is Joe Brady??? That’s all I need to know about this hack writer...

Joe Brady worked as an offensive assistant in New Orleans before being hired as the Offensive Coordinator at LSU, which quickly propelled their offense and produced the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft, and was a huge reason why the LSU Tigers won the National Championship this year.

Joe Brady was hired as the Carolina Panthers OC earlier this year.

staylor26 08-13-2020 03:43 PM

Dak/McCarthy vs. Mahomes/Reid

LMAO

sedated 08-13-2020 03:45 PM

The same McCarthy that was shit-canned from Green Bay for wasting Aaron Rodgers prime?

RustShack 08-13-2020 03:47 PM

Lol maybe he meant NFC?

Wisconsin_Chief 08-13-2020 03:48 PM

Utter garbage. McCarthy is installing a new offense that he himself says is a work in progress with limited offseason and no preseason. Give me a freaking break.

This is almost as bad as Lamar Jackson on the cover of the SI NFL preview with the caption “The future of QBs,” where they pick the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

Even when we’re at the top, we still get no respect.

Halfcan 08-13-2020 03:49 PM

Dak and Amari put up big stats, but stunk when the games mattered most. They just don't impress me like Mahomes and Hill.

staylor26 08-13-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15112795)
Utter garbage. McCarthy is installing a new offense that he himself says is a work in progress with limited offseason and no preseason. Give me a freaking break.

This is almost as bad as Lamar Jackson on the cover of the SI NFL preview with the caption “The future of QBs,” where they pick the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

Even when we’re at the top, we still get no respect.

Exactly. People I know talk about the Chiefs like we didn’t just win the SB and still have something to prove.

Wisconsin_Chief 08-13-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15112797)
Exactly. People I know talk about the Chiefs like we didn’t just win the SB and still have something to prove.

I guess having the face of the NFL at QB and winning it all isn’t enough.

Maybe after the back to back titles we’re about to win we’ll start riding a little on the radar screen.

PHOG 08-13-2020 04:04 PM

ROFLROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO No really ROFLROFLROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Bwana 08-13-2020 04:07 PM

Sure thing LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 08-13-2020 04:17 PM

Dak ROFL ROFL

Wisconsin_Chief 08-13-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 15112834)
Dak ROFL ROFL

The king of garbage time stats. I mean he just feasts on opposing defenses... when his team is down 27-10 in the 3rd.