ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What about this guy! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330768)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-21-2020 01:50 PM

What about this guy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/orPdcErxvi0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX 04-21-2020 02:05 PM

He's the reincarnation of Sippio!

FAX

Easy 6 04-21-2020 02:19 PM

5’10 175? gonna have a tough time holding up at the next level

Ubeja Vontell 04-21-2020 02:35 PM

This guy is a can't miss IF his head in on straight.

15.....yep, 15.....returns for scores, that is remarkable.

Wasn't much of a WR until last season.

11 td

At no position do we find more small college cats succeed than WR.

4.41 40

digger 04-21-2020 02:52 PM

so you want to put him at RB?

Shoes 04-21-2020 02:55 PM

Always tough to evaluate these type of players because of the level of competition. Most notable schools he played against are Villanova, Liberty, and Rhode Island- obviously not football powerhouse programs.

I would imagine this is the type of guy you sign as a UDFA and see if he can hang at rookie camp and/or training camp.

threebag 04-21-2020 02:58 PM

Don’t think he has what it takes.

Ubeja Vontell 04-21-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 14921415)
so you want to put him at RB?

Actually the guy has over 400 yards rushing at Maine.

So if used right....sure!

Ubeja Vontell 04-21-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 14921424)
Always tough to evaluate these type of players because of the level of competition. Most notable schools he played against are Villanova, Liberty, and Rhode Island- obviously not football powerhouse programs.

I would imagine this is the type of guy you sign as a UDFA and see if he can hang at rookie camp and/or training camp.

Antonio Brown/Randy Moss out of the MAC
Jerry Rice
Harold Carmichael
Charlie Joiner
John Stallworth
Sammy White
Harold Jackson
Otis Taylor
Donald Driver
Homer Jones
Ken Burrough

...out of the SWAC

Tyreek Hill Western Alabama

And it goes on and on and on..............

There have been so many small college studs in the NFL since day one. Hell, Joe "Jet" Perry......COMPTON JC.

Abner Haynes North Texas State. Where were THE STEEL CURTAIN out of?

Ubeja Vontell 04-21-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14921434)
Don’t think he has what it takes.

Based on what?

Shoes 04-21-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14921464)
Antonio Brown/Randy Moss out of the MAC
Jerry Rice
Harold Carmichael
Charlie Joiner
John Stallworth
Sammy White
Harold Jackson
Otis Taylor
Donald Driver
Homer Jones
Ken Burrough

...out of the SWAC

Tyreek Hill Western Alabama

And it goes on and on and on..............

Listen, if you want to say this guy is a can't miss prospect because he lit up Albany, Villanova, and Towson be my guest. You want to name drop a bunch of great players who made it from small schools when scouting was MASSIVELY different than it is today- fine but it doesn't prove your point.

Any scout is going to tell you the same thing, the tape is great but you can't put a ton of stock into it until you see it against the best competition. There is likely not 1 single guy he went up against in his senior season that is going to sniff the next level. He is an UDFA. Can he make it? Absolutely- I hope he does, but this guy is a fringe prospect at best.

Also Tyreek Hill doesn't count as an example since Tyreek was at a huge school (OSU) before the incident occurred and he had to transfer.

threebag 04-21-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14921472)
Based on what?

His highlights don’t look like he would win out against next tier athletes. Might be a good fit for the Seattle Dragons

Ubeja Vontell 04-21-2020 03:41 PM

Then there is this guy....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sedtelF1q8s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ubeja Vontell 04-21-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 14921515)
Listen, if you want to say this guy is a can't miss prospect because he lit up Albany, Villanova, and Towson be my guest. You want to name drop a bunch of great players who made it from small schools when scouting was MASSIVELY different than it is today- fine but it doesn't prove your point.

Any scout is going to tell you the same thing, the tape is great but you can't put a ton of stock into it until you see it against the best competition. There is likely not 1 single guy he went up against in his senior season that is going to sniff the next level. He is an UDFA. Can he make it? Absolutely- I hope he does, but this guy is a fringe prospect at best.

Also Tyreek Hill doesn't count as an example since Tyreek was at a huge school (OSU) before the incident occurred and he had to transfer.

I talked about kick returner Deonte Harris out of tiny Assumption who broke all the college return records, how did he do in the NFL.....Pro bowl.

Tariq Cohen out of NCA&T having no problems in the NFL.

How is Khali Mack out of Buffalo doing? What school did SB QB Jimmy G go to?

It's never been...OH MY GOD WOW....for small school studs, most have no problems at all once in the NFL.

Carson Wentz, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo out of where?

Sorce 04-21-2020 03:53 PM

He lived close to this girl?