ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Prime time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320870)

dlphg9 01-24-2019 12:37 PM

Prime time

Im wondering what the record is for number of prime time games is? The Chiefs are easily the biggest draw in the NFL. So how many prime time games do we get this year? And do we play on Thanksgiving? Why the **** do we have to play in shitty Mexico?

Most this year was 5 or did we have 6 since we had one flexed? Did we lose any prime time games? I guess I could look it up.

In58men 01-24-2019 12:40 PM

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-24-2019 12:40 PM

Ya did the NFL not learn their lesson with Mexico this year? Couldn't get the field ready with months and months of knowing when the game was.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-24-2019 12:41 PM

They probably did it bc the chargers home-field situation is a ****ing joke lol

dlphg9 01-24-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14069393)
They probably did it bc the chargers home-field situation is a ****ing joke lol

Id assume Mexicans are probably de facto LA fans. Also Roger is a ****ing moron

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-24-2019 12:47 PM

Shouldve had them play the raiders. It'd be one of those teams

Stinger 01-24-2019 12:53 PM

5 IMO

Guarantee if the Patriots win the Superbowl it will be Chiefs vs Patriots Thursday night week 1.

Chargers in Mexico
Packers
Chicago
Indianapolis or Houston

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-24-2019 12:56 PM

Hope pats actually have to play a regular season game at arrowhead next yr. We always travel to them besides when we beat their ass so bad brady got benched

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-24-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 14069432)
5 IMO

Guarantee if the Patriots win the Superbowl it will be Chiefs vs Patriots Thursday night week 1.

Chargers in Mexico
Packers
Chicago
Indianapolis or Houston

It should be that or saints/rams to start the year

Stinger 01-24-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14069444)
Hope pats actually have to play a regular season game at arrowhead next yr. We always travel to them besides when we beat their ass so bad brady got benched

Nope we go there next year but I believe the come to Arrowhead in 2020 .

ChiefoftheKeyboard 01-24-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 14069455)

I'd like to hear goodells explanation for making us go there 3 years in a row what a joke

CoMoChief 01-24-2019 01:10 PM

Chiefs had 6 last season when you include the flex game: Broncos, Bengals(f), Pats, Rams, Chargers, Seahawks. Mahomes/Chiefs offense was a draw to the rest of the country. Good offense and lots of scoring is what most people like to see on TV.

Adding to that, when you figure in the season Mahomes turned in last season, the country is going to want to see that again.

The Mahomes effect will be REAL, folks. I think between MNF/SNF, the Chiefs will appear in 5 prime time games, and maybe another game (Texans/Colts?) if the league decides to flex schedule later in the season after things play out.

Chiefs vs Packers (Mahomes vs Rodgers = NFL jizzfest)
Chiefs @ Chargers (Mexico game...wish they did away w/ international games, but at least it's the Chargers losing the home game)
Chiefs @ Patriots (AFCCG rematch, of course it's in Foxboro)
Chiefs @ Bears (Andy Reid vs Matt Nagy/Mahomes vs Mack = NFL jizzfest)
Chiefs vs Ravens (Mahomes vs Jackson, Baltimore/east coast market=ratings)

Bowser 01-24-2019 01:12 PM

I went with 4, but it could be 5. But watch, Arrowhead will get 1 Sunday night game and 1 Monday night game with the rest on the road.

Discuss Thrower 01-24-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14069473)
I'd like to hear goodells explanation for making us go there 3 years in a row what a joke

.. do you know not how regular season opponents are cycled from season to season?

Amnorix 01-24-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14069444)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 14069455)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14069473)

How the **** do so many football fans not understand that the NFL schedule is pursuant to a formula, and has been since they expanded to 32 teams over a decade ago?

Here is your 2019 NFL schedule Chiefs:

https://www.pslsource.com/kansas_cit...e_of_opponents

You GO to New England next year. Why? Because some years ago it was determined that you would visit the team in the AFC East with the same finish as you at the AFC East team's house.

2020 and 2021 are also at the same website. Note that you could similarly HOST the Patriots in both of those years. You definitely host the Pats in 2020, as that is when you play the entire AFC East. In 2021 you will also host the team in the AFC East that finishes the same as you in 2020. So if the Patriots and Chiefs both finish first in their respective divisions in 2020, hypothetically, then you host the Patriots in 2021.

It's a beautiful rotation system based on a 16 game, 32 team league, with the following formula:

6 games against division opponents -- one each home and away

4 games against one other fellow AFC division. This rotates by division, so a three year rotation. The home/away games flip each time. So I can tell you without even looking that because the Chiefs are hosting the Patriots in 2020, the Patriots hosted the Chiefs in 2017, and will again in 2023.

4 games against one NFC division. This also rotates by division, so a four year rotation. Home/away games flip each time.

2 remaining games against the other two teams in the AFC divisions that finished in the same spot as the Chiefs the prior year. So next year, because you finished first this year, you play the winners of the AFC East and the AFC North.