ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 610 vs 810 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236924)

MMXcalibur 11-16-2010 01:37 PM

610 vs 810

Which radio station is more worth my while to listen too? I just installed both the 610 and 810 apps on my iPhone and before giving them a listen, I was wondering what most of you thought and to see if there was a large majority for one station over the other. I understand that this might be like picking between "gonorrehea and herpes" for some of you.

I enjoy listening to sports talk radio, but the :whackit: over the Donkeys here in Colorado Springs is especially unbearable after last Sunday's shitfest. :shake:

KCrockaholic 11-16-2010 01:53 PM

810. Easily. JMO though.

patteeu 11-16-2010 01:59 PM

I don't like Bob Fescoe's show in the morning on 610. He's kind of dorky and he's a big KU homer. I haven't figured out a single reason to spend any time listening to 610's 9-11am show with Shan Sharrrif. Every time I've tried it, it's been a horrible experience. So in the mornings, I recommend listening to 810 where Steven St. John (MU fan) and Nate Bukate (KU fan) are reasonably listenable. They have a more balanced show in terms of local college coverage and they have pretty good guests. Sometimes they get into non-sports banter, but that's the nature of morning shows I guess.

At midday, I listen to Petro because he's pretty good and he's a local sports guy. I'm not into Rome, but if you are, then 610 is where you should be at midday.

In the afternoons, 610's Nick Wright is usually better than 810's Kevin Keitzman for Chiefs news. I listen to both of them depending on the topic of the moment, but I prefer Wright.

kcxiv 11-16-2010 02:13 PM

due to ipod touch apps, i am now allowed to listen to both stations and, Keitzman is ****ing terrible. Nick Wright can be annoying at times, but he's better imo. I dont know all the dudes names just yet. ONly listen to it once in a while

Kyle DeLexus 11-16-2010 02:13 PM

810 won the poll I posted last year :)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204019

BWillie 11-16-2010 02:36 PM

If they canned Shan Shariff...I would vote for 610. That guy is a complete and utter buffoon. I didn't know you could get a sports radio job, and not even know anything about sports. But apparently you can.

patteeu 11-16-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7177414)
If they canned Shan Shariff...I would vote for 610. That guy is a complete and utter buffoon. I didn't know you could get a sports radio job, and not even know anything about sports. But apparently you can.

The worst take I've heard from Nick Wright was when he said that Shan Shariff has the best sports talk show in Kansas City.

suds79 11-16-2010 03:50 PM

610 easy.

Just feel like 810 is the station for old guys who like to talk about BBQ, thickburgers, golf & racein boys. :lame:

rageeumr 11-16-2010 04:11 PM

I would have probably leaned toward 610 when Chris and Cowboy were still on. Fescoe is completely impossible for me to listen to. The rest of the day I flip back and forth depending on content, but in the AM if the Border Patrol goes to commercial, I switch to my iPod.

Shariff is mildly entertaining, but you can tell he still knows zilch about the local teams. I like Petro except for when he gets overly excited about stupid stuff. Rome can be entertaining at times but isn't my cup of tea usually.

I think Nick Wright's show is my favorite on the air right now. I realize that pretty much zaps my credibility, but I can't help it. I find him the most entertaining, even if he isn't the most polished or knowledgeable. I still flip to BTL sometimes, even though I hate Kietzmann.

So the short version of this long story is that I find them pretty even but the suckage that is Fescoe makes me vote 810.

LocoChiefsFan 11-16-2010 04:17 PM

I like 610, but cannot stand Nick Wrights voice. He always sounds like he's whining.

Bambi 11-16-2010 04:18 PM

I lean towards 810 after I'm done with WFAN everyday.

CoMoChief 11-16-2010 04:19 PM

I absolutely love how we have to have this same thread topic pop up about once every couple months.

I just hate that I seem to forget the general consensus of which AM radio station is more preferable to KC listeners.

Thanks for the refresher. Here, have some neg rep.

Pants 11-16-2010 04:27 PM

810 in the morning. NOT 810 in the afternoon. Keitzman's incompetency makes me want to shoot myself in the face. I'm being serious.

rageeumr 11-16-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7177576)
I absolutely love how we have to have this same thread topic pop up about once every couple months.

I just hate that I seem to forget the general consensus of which AM radio station is more preferable to KC listeners.

To be fair, there's enough turnover that the question stays relevant.

MMXcalibur 11-16-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7177576)

I had a pretty good idea this was talked about before, but for some reason, I can't search for anything past Page 5.