ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL trade watch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324629)

SAUTO 08-24-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406817)
Yeah, but you’d get him for this year and next under a nice contract and a first round pick, one that would probably be pretty high

The cardinals wouldn’t do that deal I doubt

That would only be because the cardinals are stupid

notorious 08-24-2019 08:22 AM

You better get a load for Hill if you are going to trade him.

Nobody like him has ever existed. He is so talented he makes some of the fastest people on the planet look slow.

O.city 08-24-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14406822)
You better get a load for Hill if you are going to trade him.

Nobody like him has ever existed. He is so talented he makes some of the fastest people on the planet look slow.

Devils advocate here but...

If he wants to too odell money and pair that with the offfiekd stuff, the chiefs aren’t gonna pay him, then what?

I agree I wouldn’t trade him

SAUTO 08-24-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406824)

If he wants to too odell money and pair that with the offfiekd stuff, the chiefs aren’t gonna pay him, then what?

Then you ride him through the season, franchise him and see what happens at that point.

BossChief 08-24-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406817)
Yeah, but you’d get him for this year and next under a nice contract and a first round pick, one that would probably be pretty high

The cardinals wouldn’t do that deal I doubt

I’m not sure I’d do that deal, if offered. PP wants a new deal, has substance concerns for a second suspension, is at the end of his prime and we wouldn’t get him for the girstn6 games.

Hill is a HOF quality WR paired with a HOF quality QB. In today’s NFL, that’s priceless.

If Peterson were 3 years younger, it’s a different conversation.

O.city 08-24-2019 08:27 AM

Only one tag next offseason and you have him and Jones to deal with

I dunno fellas

O.city 08-24-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14406828)
I’m not sure I’d do that deal, if offered. PP wants a new deal, has suctance concerns for a second suspension, is at the end of his prime and we wouldn’t get him for the girstn6 games.

Hill is a HOF quality WR paired with a HOF quality QB. In today’s NFL, that’s priceless.

If Peterson were 3 years younger, it’s a different conversation.

If it were Peterson and their first rounder which would probably or could be a top 5 pick?

notorious 08-24-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406824)

It would be understandable if they traded him. He will get maximum value, and save the team a lot of cap.

If Mahomes is what we believe he is, the team should be fine. WR's don't win Superbowls, QB's and defense do.

O.city 08-24-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14406838)
It would be understandable if they traded him. He will get maximum value, and save the team a lot of cap.

If Mahomes is what we believe he is, the team should be fine. WR's don't win Superbowls, QB's and defense do.

I don’t think there’s one way to win a Super Bowl

It’s hard and I think having as many elite players as you can will only help.

I don’t know that another team will give much of a premium for Hill right now though

notorious 08-24-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406844)
I don’t think there’s one way to win a Super Bowl

It’s hard and I think having as many elite players as you can will only help.

I don’t know that another team will give much of a premium for Hill right now though

I think we would all surprised at what Hill would bring. Other teams know exactly what he is.

With that said, you keep a HOF player.

O.city 08-24-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14406847)
I think we would all surprised at what Hill would bring. Other teams know exactly what he is.

With that said, you keep a HOF player.

If the chiefs are scared off by the off field stuff I can’t imagine another team is willing to break the bank

BossChief 08-24-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406830)
Only one tag next offseason and you have him and Jones to deal with

I dunno fellas

We get a transition tag AND a franchise tag this upcoming offseason.

It’s part of the CBA.

notorious 08-24-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14406851)
If the chiefs are scared off by the off field stuff I can’t imagine another team is willing to break the bank

I hope we don't find out what he's really worth. ;)

ILChief 08-24-2019 09:00 AM

Hill for Ramsey straight up. Yes or No?

BlackOp 08-24-2019 09:02 AM

A GM might spend his entire career hoping to find a player like Hill...and considering the arm talent of Mahomes, it makes him more valuable than some arbitrary 1st round pick you hope might pan out.

Hill and Mahomes are untradable....having a guy that demands a double team takes out two defensive players every down.

There is literally no way Veach, being a former WR, trades him....