ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs "All-star" officiating crew for Rams-Chiefs game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318945)

DrunkBassGuitar 11-19-2018 06:42 AM

We will curbstomp the Rams and the Refs

ChiliConCarnage 11-19-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maine (Post 13899104)
The fix is in

This! They're all aboard the Mahomes Express. How many times can the refs blatantly trip Todd Gurley though? Holding calls, that's the ticket

rabblerouser 11-19-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 13900247)
This! They're all aboard the Mahomes Express. How many times can the refs blatantly trip Todd Gurley though? Holding calls, that's the ticket

Honestly, I hope the refs stay the **** out of this one and let the best team win tonight.

BigRedChief 11-19-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13900160)
I bet the refs would have loved to have been stopped by some reerun throwing a red flag on the field, so they could run over to the Microsoft Surface that is surrounded by a box that is plastered with Microsoft Surface advertising. I mean I don't blame Microsoft for advertising any chance they get, since they thought it was a good idea to drop 80 million a year for 5 years to become the exclusive provider of technology to the NFL.

Best advertising $'s even spent in the NFL.

HemiEd 11-19-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13899210)
An optimist would say "they want this called with ultimate professionalism"

A pessimist would say "they're not leaving the fix to chance"

Guess we'll see which camp is right soon enough...

My initial take was optimism, but now I am a bit skeptical after reading this thread.

Goodell probably isn't happy about the LOS Angeles Chargers losing yesterday

bowener 11-19-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maine (Post 13899104)
The fix is in

I would bet on the over for this game. I'm thinking the NFL has told these guys to keep the QBs clean and the points high. We will see a lot of no calls on OL holding.

HemiEd 11-19-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13899651)
Saints won and the Chargers lost...looks like the NFL double-downed on tomorrow's night game. The officials blatantly tried in the Donks game...phantom OPI with 37 seconds left and called a 2 point conversion short.

They've assembled their top "dive crew" ...it's LA or bust.

Those two calls were the ones late in the game that were so damn obvious.

The announcers even made a big point of how bad those calls were.

I don't think it is just coincidence, they both could have easily decided the game in LOS Angeles' favor.

DrunkBassGuitar 11-19-2018 08:33 AM

the NFL needs to quit trying to make the LA market happen.

The rams aren't going to compete with the Lakers and USC football.

rabblerouser 11-19-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 13900326)
the NFL needs to quit trying to make the LA market happen.

The rams aren't going to compete with the Lakers and USC football.

That's why we need to punk them out hard tonight.

chiefzilla1501 11-19-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13900185)
Wait, Blakeman replaced Boger??? Boger is the worst ****ing ref in football. If we dodged a ****ing Boger game this is all win.

Exactly. It sounds to me like the NFL knows this will be a highly watched game and they don't want boger throwing a flag every 2 minutes. Think people need to relax. At the very least, we got saved from having a really bad official.

Mecca 11-19-2018 09:07 AM

Yea I think this is about the NFL realizing this is going to be a highly watched game and not wanting the refs to be a talking point.

Frazod 11-19-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13900370)
Yea I think this is about the NFL realizing this is going to be a highly watched game and not wanting the refs to be a talking point.

I hope so. Sadly, I fear it is all about steering the game toward the desired outcome.

And those generally don't bode well for small market midwestern teams.

chiefzilla1501 11-19-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13900376)
I hope so. Sadly, I fear it is all about steering the game toward the desired outcome.

And those generally don't bode well for small market midwestern teams.

Possibly. But the more flags, the more likely a ref will steer an outcome. And Boger is usually in the top 3 for most flags. Boger called 18 penalties a game last year which is 3rd most (Blakeman 16.3)

Rain Man 11-19-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 13900295)
I would bet on the over for this game. I'm thinking the NFL has told these guys to keep the QBs clean and the points high. We will see a lot of no calls on OL holding.

This is a good point. Even if the refs don't try to steer it one way or the other, they're going to have orders to steer the points upward. Roger wants high-scoring games to excite the non-football fans, and this is his chance to let the modern NBAFL shine.

bevischief 11-19-2018 11:45 AM

KY the jerseys.