ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Super Bowl Environment vs the actual game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328467)

cmh6476 01-23-2020 09:58 AM

Super Bowl Environment vs the actual game

I heard a player talk about this on the NFL network last night, and getting caught up in all the events, celebrations, publicity, etc. and the need to actually focus on the contest against your opponent.

I think I read the 49ers have Richard Sherman with 1, Emmanuel Sanders with 1 and Jimmy G with 2 Super Bowl experiences, and I think the program last night said all we have is Suggs. It's been awhile for Andy Reid, and Shananan's most recent experience was with the Falcons against the Pats.

It seems like this might be a challenge for both teams to try and overcome all the hype and focus on the fact that this is simply another football game that must be played.

Any reason to think one team will have the advantage over another team in this regard? Seems to me it might take half of the first quarter or so for each team to settle in and nerves to settle before the comfort level for players will start to set in.

Sofa King 01-23-2020 10:00 AM

We have had some struggles during primetime games, but after two solid performances in the playoffs biggest stage I think we're about over that. Just need to start faster. Avoid the dumbass fluke plays and the drops and our starts in both games would have looked much different.

Sackattack 01-23-2020 10:04 AM

I believe its only natural for players to not think of the impact of the Super Bowl. Players always say that they play to reach this goal and now your in it. You finally made it to the big show. The atmosphere is top level, and the excitement is priceless. Just try to keep focused as just a game you have to win, and play to beat your opponent . Once you win in the SB, then everything can be a major relief, all the hard work you and your teammates worked to get to, and now you did it, your Super Bowl Champions. GO CHIEFS !!

ILChief 01-23-2020 10:16 AM

Wisnewski was on the Eagles super bowl team

treeguy27 01-23-2020 10:28 AM

Any advantage for either team with the longer halftime? We've seen Andy and Spags make some good halftime adjustments this year. Would it be reasonable to assume with a longer halftime they could dig deeper and make better adjustments than the Niners? There's a lot of years of experience between Andy and Spags.

MahiMike 01-23-2020 12:37 PM

It would be a bigger deal if we didn't get to AFCCG last year.

lewdog 01-23-2020 01:02 PM

I don't give a **** how fast we start.

Time of possession means nothing!

Pitt Gorilla 01-23-2020 01:09 PM

Daly has some experience.

wheeler08 01-23-2020 01:16 PM

Do they have pickup basketball in the Miami locker room?

Lzen 01-23-2020 02:34 PM

Andy and Spags and Brendan Daly. I think coaches with the experience is more valuable than players with experience.

TwistedChief 01-23-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14747511)
I don't give a **** how fast we start.

Time of possession means nothing!

^^^ ****ing alpha mentality right here

CityOfKansas 01-23-2020 04:10 PM

I ain't worried. Last year's AFC Championship flub hopefully is enough experience of pooping our pants on the national stage.