ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Fire Me Boy! has passed away (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329649)

Easy 6 03-02-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14821626)
I didn’t know Brock as gone, but I miss a lot around here

Well, no one knows for certain about Brock... but he was one of the original regulars and just dropped off the map 4-5 years ago

Seems like the Mahomes era would’ve drawn him out, like it did so many other long missing old timers

seclark 03-02-2020 05:52 PM

Rip
Fmb also bombed me w my first infraction
Several years ago I sent him a remote meat thermometer
Great guy
sec

MIAdragon 03-02-2020 05:59 PM

****, terrible news. Rock on my man. Gone too soon.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-02-2020 06:05 PM

Damn, hate this so much.He's in a better place now. One day there's gonna be a hell of a Chiefs dynasty party goin on up there.

Chiefs=Champions 03-02-2020 06:11 PM

Very sad news. RIP dude. :(

OnTheWarpath15 03-02-2020 06:45 PM

Wow. I'm crushed. One of my all time favorites.

Never met him, but doesn't matter. He felt like family.

Thoughts are with his family. Crazy that he's gone at like 42. (I think)

RIP, FMB. I hope they have a Sous Vide machine up there.

Buehler445 03-02-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14821588)
Once Dane jogged my memory on his dialysis treatments I did remember FMB speaking about it a few times, but I didn’t realize the time that bought was finite... thought as long as he could get it, it’d keep him up and running

Sure wish he’d said something to us when he posted last week, at least give us a chance to pray up a miracle... some of the guys we’ve lost, like Brock for instance, just have a strange pride that prevents them from opening up about it

Sad day for sure man, I’m raising a toast to him as I type this

**** me. I didn’t know Brock was gone. Jesus.

Frazod 03-02-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14821772)
**** me. I didn’t know Brock was gone. Jesus.

Is that confirmed?

mililo4cpa 03-02-2020 07:01 PM

RIP Fire! I literally smoked a prime rib this weekend based upon your posts.....I didn't know at the time that it would be homage to you.....CP has definitely lost a good one today

DaFace 03-02-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14821774)
Is that confirmed?

I could be wrong, but I THINK Brock is OK. My train of information:

1. Googling the email address on his account revealed a name and a city (which is a small town of maybe 10k people).
2. Looked on Facebook for someone with that name in that town.
3. Found a guy who looks to be maybe 50's or 60's in that town. He's posted in the past few weeks.

If anyone knew him well and would like to reach out, PM me. I'd give info out to one person, but I don't want him to be barraged with people trying to contact him, especially if he hasn't otherwise tried to connect with people.

Frazod 03-02-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14821804)
I could be wrong, but I THINK Brock is OK. My train of information:

1. Googling the email address on his account revealed a name and a city (which is a small town of maybe 10k people).
2. Looked on Facebook for someone with that name in that town.
3. Found a guy who looks to be maybe 50's or 60's in that town. He's posted in the past few weeks.

If anyone knew him well and would like to reach out, PM me. I'd give info out to one person, but I don't want him to be barraged with people trying to contact him, especially if he hasn't otherwise tried to connect with people.

I certainly hope he's alive and well and just moved on.

Ironically, his last post offered condolences to another member who died.

Easy 6 03-02-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14821774)
Is that confirmed?

Not confirmed, but all signs say yes

Dude used to jab me constantly, just like me and FMB used to mildly tangle over politics... and I came away from it respecting both of them for it

Bowser 03-02-2020 07:19 PM

Oh no. That is terrible. Very sad to hear this.

The guy went through a ton way too early in life. At the very least he can rest now.

I'll go watch Dick Tracy in his honor.

DaFace 03-02-2020 07:29 PM

I just realized that I never actually posted my condolences in the thread. I knew FMB has had a hard road these past few years, but he only talked about it sporadically. As I recall, he wasn't able to get out much at times. I can only hope that CP helped him to get through some of the tough times.

RIP

Indian Chief 03-02-2020 07:29 PM

Really sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends.