ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Why Maine is the worst f'ing state in the Union (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317533)

Amnorix 09-18-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13742646)
That drive to Maine sounds like driving across Pennsylvania on I-80. From Ohio to New Jersey, literally nothing but trees.

Lived in both Pittsburgh and Philly, so familiar with that one. Maine's worse, IMHO. Flatter, so it just seems like you have an endless close up of the trees in front of you and not much else.

It also stifles any sense of actual progress, making the drive seem even more endless.

lewdog 09-18-2018 07:19 AM

Maine is gorgeous in the summer.

I’m looking to go back.

OP lives in Denver and hates Maine. Lol

Skyy God 09-18-2018 07:26 AM

Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain and the 20th Maine were pretty dope, Rain Man.

TLO 09-18-2018 07:27 AM

LMAO

Amnorix 09-18-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13742673)
Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain and the 20th Maine were pretty dope, Rain Man.

Probably so damn bored they were glad to go fight the war. :-P

But seriously, they may well have saved the damn Union, given that it was the extreme flank that the 20th Maine was defending. And Chamberlain was a serious bad ass. Later in the war he was giving a deathbed promotion to Brigadier General, but then didn't die! After the war, he was extremely active in all types of veterans reunions, and later served as governor of Maine and President of a college there. Bates, maybe?

dirk digler 09-18-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13742636)
Nothing is worse than driving across Kansas.

You actually get excited when you see a tree.

I go to Colorado about every year and just got back a couple of days ago actually. Yeah the drive through Eastern Colorado-Western Kansas is horrible but at least I-70 is a very good road and you can go over 80. :)

Several years ago we took a trip to Boston then drove up to Maine to do some white water rafting. I enjoyed Maine and thought it was a cool place and would go back again.

mlyonsd 09-18-2018 07:42 AM

Did the leaf tour from upper NY to Maine and back a few years ago. Loved it. Of course as others have said living in the Midwest driving anywhere on a winding road is pretty cool.

dirk digler 09-18-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 13742708)
Did the leaf tour from upper NY to Maine and back a few years ago. Loved it. Of course as others have said living in the Midwest driving anywhere on a winding road is pretty cool.

Driving on winding roads aren't cool for me. I ****ing hate them.

Frazod 09-18-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13742656)
Lived in both Pittsburgh and Philly, so familiar with that one. Maine's worse, IMHO. Flatter, so it just seems like you have an endless close up of the trees in front of you and not much else.

It also stifles any sense of actual progress, making the drive seem even more endless.

Try I-80 across central Wyoming sometime. At least in Maine and Kansas there are living things.

The only reason I don't rate that as the worst drive is because I only did it once, and it was different enough to be somewhat interesting.

Bugeater 09-18-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13742715)
Driving on winding roads aren't cool for me. I ****ing hate them.

I would love them if I was driving a high performance vehicle, and I was the only one on it, and didn't really need to get anywhere.

But since that's never the case, yes, **** them.

Bugeater 09-18-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13742753)
Try I-80 across central Wyoming sometime. At least in Maine and Kansas there are living things.

The only reason I don't rate that as the worst drive is because I only did it once, and it was different enough to be somewhat interesting.

What I discovered when we went to Yellowstone a few years is ago, is that Wyoming has some amazing places, with some of the biggest expanses of absolutely ****ing nothing in between them.

I'm pretty sure I found the Official Middle of Nowhere on our way back towards Casper. It went on like this for well over an hour if not two.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9b&oe=5C61B215

MahiMike 09-18-2018 08:57 AM

You no like da lawbsta?

Skyy God 09-18-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13742686)
Probably so damn bored they were glad to go fight the war. :-P

But seriously, they may well have saved the damn Union, given that it was the extreme flank that the 20th Maine was defending. And Chamberlain was a serious bad ass. Later in the war he was giving a deathbed promotion to Brigadier General, but then didn't die! After the war, he was extremely active in all types of veterans reunions, and later served as governor of Maine and President of a college there. Bates, maybe?

Bowdoin. I actually knew the college but not the spelling.

We did a guided park ranger tour of Little Round Top. Rough terrain.

dirk digler 09-18-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13742859)
I would love them if I was driving a high performance vehicle, and I was the only one on it, and didn't really need to get anywhere.

But since that's never the case, yes, **** them.

lol pretty much. I drove up the Northern California coast to Oregon and those roads were curvy as ****, I still get sick thinking about them. The scenery was awesome though.

And your picture below looks alot like Western Kansas. There is nothing alive out there except maybe a few cattle. It is so windy out that way I don't see how anyone could live out there.

Amnorix 09-18-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13742937)
Bowdoin. I actually knew the college but not the spelling.

We did a guided park ranger tour of Little Round Top. Rough terrain.

Yeah, same here. Gettysburg was a surprise hit with my two sons, both teenagers. History tends to bore them (to my complete dismay), but between the visitor's center and the tour, they really liked it. It came in second place for my PA trip, tied with feeding the ducks at the place we were staying. :LOL: