ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life **** Official 2020 Fitness Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329401)

penguinz 02-18-2020 07:53 PM

**** Official 2020 Fitness Thread ****

Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!

KurtCobain 02-18-2020 07:59 PM

Not going well.

Ubeja Vontell 02-18-2020 08:09 PM

Going as it's been going for a long time, simply a routine thing. You find a system/routine that works for you then just roll with it. Proud of myself for never ever missing a workout, and with family/friends needing things that isn't always easy. Six days on, alternating body parts with Sunday off. Don't worry about the diet not looking to win Mr. Olympia. Multi vit/min/B-12 tab my only supplements.

The key thing now is flexibilty and cardio, I put more into that aspect of things than I used to.

Marcellus 02-18-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14802296)
Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!

3 plates is always impressive! Nice work!

My bench has slipped I am probably around 270lbs max right now but want to hit 315 this year as well. Going to be a challenge with my other goals but I can get back to 300lbs fairly quick I think and if I can get 315 done by July I'm good. After July my real training for endurance picks up so I'll lose some strength.

Been doing low carb to go along with my endurance training which isn't a fun combo.

penguinz 02-18-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14802316)
3 plates is always impressive! Nice work!

My bench has slipped I am probably around 270lbs max right now but want to hit 315 this year as well. Going to be a challenge with my other goals but I can get back to 300lbs fairly quick I think and if I can get 315 done by July I'm good. After July my real training for endurance picks up so I'll lose some strength.

Been doing low carb to go along with my endurance training which isn't a fun combo.

I was pumped when I hit 3 plates. I recently turned 45 and weigh in between 190-193 depending on time of day.

Marcellus 02-18-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14802336)
I was pumped when I hit 3 plates. I recently turned 45 and weigh in between 190-193 depending on time of day.

I'm ~185lbs and have benched 300lbs at as light as 180lbs at 5'11'' in late 2018 I think it was. Been surprised how fast I have been able to gain strength back just taking creatine at times.

I think "old man strength" is a real thing. But yea it takes much longer to recover and I think it tails off hard around 50 years old. I am 48 going to be 49 in late June.

philfree 02-18-2020 09:18 PM

It's not official but
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327750

I'm digging the Bowflex Max.

penguinz 02-19-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14802344)
I'm ~185lbs and have benched 300lbs at as light as 180lbs at 5'11'' in late 2018 I think it was. Been surprised how fast I have been able to gain strength back just taking creatine at times.

I think "old man strength" is a real thing. But yea it takes much longer to recover and I think it tails off hard around 50 years old. I am 48 going to be 49 in late June.

I am only 5’8”. I want to hit 200lbs on the scale just to say I did and then try to cut down and hover around 170. I like to eat though so that will be hard.

As far as lifting and getting stronger.... I cheat. I am on test and keep my levels around 950-1000.

penguinz 02-19-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14802388)
It's not official but

Doesn’t matter what you use to strength train. Keep it up.

I had a bow flex when I was younger but outgrew the amount of resistance it offered.

philfree 02-19-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14802722)
Doesn’t matter what you use to strength train. Keep it up.

I had a bow flex when I was younger but outgrew the amount of resistance it offered.

The Max is a climber machine. I've been using some workout bands for strength training though and I'm actually trying to stay off the free weights which isn't hard since my weight room has got a bunch of stuff sitting in the way. If I start weight training I'll end up doing hour and a half workouts and I'm trying to avoid that. I can do upper back, chest, bi's and tri's with the bands though and it's not taking to long. If I can get to where I want to be I might start lifting but right now I'm more focused on the ability to do the Max workouts and finding a way to battle this ciatic pain.

penguinz 02-19-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14802753)
The Max is a climber machine. I've been using some workout bands for strength training though and I'm actually trying to stay off the free weights which isn't hard since my weight room has got a bunch of stuff sitting in the way. If I start weight training I'll end up doing hour and a half workouts and I'm trying to avoid that. I can do upper back, chest, bi's and tri's with the bands though and it's not taking to long. If I can get to where I want to be I might start lifting but right now I'm more focused on the ability to do the Max workouts and finding a way to battle this ciatic pain.

Why are you avoiding free weights? Lifting is one of the best things you can do for your body.

philfree 02-19-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14802908)
Why are you avoiding free weights? Lifting is one of the best things you can do for your body.

Right now I'm working toward getting back to my golf game and lifting free weights will hinder my swing and feel. And if I start doing it I'll do to much and that won't help. It may sound funny but I'm trying to find the natural me. Don't want to feel or be bulked up and when I find the natural me I need to find a way to maintain it. Keep in mind i'm 58 years old.

Mahomes_Is_God 02-19-2020 03:55 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i..._ZVFNBlNCoUUWm

Chargem 02-19-2020 04:11 PM

I'd be pretty happy with benching 220 for reps by the end of the year. Last year went okay and my deadlift and squats have built up a bit, but my overhead press and bench have stalled and it's getting frustrating.

InChiefsHeaven 02-19-2020 05:23 PM

Been going to Orange Theory for 2 years. I just signed up for the transformation challenge and I'm half way through it.

I'm not gonna win this thing, but I've learned alot about how to eat and excercise for maximum effect. Namely, I wasn't eating enough protein and ended up losing like 2 lbs of muscle, which is NOT what I want. So I started eating more protein...and went 2 days without shitting. Sigh. So, It's been about finding the right balance of everything while doing 4 1hr workouts a week.

I'm stronger now than I've been in years and definitely in better shape. I'm 49, so change will not happen fast and I'm not trying to hulk out. Just want a trimmer stronger me to carry me into my "golden years". So far, so good.

No idea how much I bench, and I don't really care. Last time I tried a max it was 245, but that was 10 years ago. It might be more or less, I really don't know. But for me, that's not a good measuring stick.

penguinz 02-19-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14803438)
I'd be pretty happy with benching 220 for reps by the end of the year. Last year went okay and my deadlift and squats have built up a bit, but my overhead press and bench have stalled and it's getting frustrating.

In reality overhead press and bench press are really hard on your shoulders. Ask me how I know this. :’(

lewdog 02-19-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14803311)
Right now I'm working toward getting back to my golf game and lifting free weights will hinder my swing and feel. And if I start doing it I'll do to much and that won't help. It may sound funny but I'm trying to find the natural me. Don't want to feel or be bulked up and when I find the natural me I need to find a way to maintain it. Keep in mind i'm 58 years old.

Newflash......you're 58 years old. Lifting weight can't/won't bulk you up at that age.

PAChiefsGuy 02-19-2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14803964)
Newflash......you're 58 years old. Lifting weight can't/won't bulk you up at that age.

Right. Not to mention bad for your joints.

At that age better to focus on cardio and eating healthy. Do light weight workouts when you do lift with high reps..

philfree 02-19-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14803964)

I still feel like I can and I am doing resistance training just not free weights. Maybe I'm fooling myself.

lewdog 02-20-2020 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14804346)
Right. Not to mention bad for your joints.

At that age better to focus on cardio and eating healthy. Do light weight workouts when you do lift with high reps..

I love the “weights are bad for your joints” generic comments. Lift smarter when you’re older. Lifting free weights is still the best bang for your buck for weight loss. If your joints are bad, lighten the load and perfect your form.

loochy 02-20-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14804588)
I love the “weights are bad for your joints” generic comments. Lift smarter when you’re older. Lifting free weights is still the best bang for your buck for weight loss. If your joints are bad, lighten the load and perfect your form.

BUT I CAN'T DO SQUATS BECAUSE BAD KNEES

SO I WILL DO QUARTER RANGE SQUATS AND LEG EXTENSIONS

LMAO

kepp 02-20-2020 10:22 AM

Okay, so I joined a gym after a LONG absence from lifting/working out. I have been running for 10 years or so and am in good overall cardio shape, but have gotten skinny fat, as runners often do.

In my mid-to-late 20's, I was much more into lifting. My max bench reached 295 at one point. But I have to say, I'm a bit discouraged. I've been going for a few weeks now, but I can barely put up 135 a couple times. I'm basically starting from scratch.

I'm 5'11" and weigh ~175, but I have a higher fat percentage than I'd like...like over 20%. My goal is to be tone (belly) and gain strength. I don't necessarily feel the need to get to where I used to be, but I'd like to be able to do 225 a few times.

So...lose fat, tone up, gain strength. Any suggestions on how to organize workouts?

InChiefsHeaven 02-20-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 14804856)
Okay, so I joined a gym after a LONG absence from lifting/working out. I have been running for 10 years or so and am in good overall cardio shape, but have gotten skinny fat, as runners often do.

In my mid-to-late 20's, I was much more into lifting. My max bench reached 295 at one point. But I have to say, I'm a bit discouraged. I've been going for a few weeks now, but I can barely put up 135 a couple times. I'm basically starting from scratch.

I'm 5'11" and weigh ~175, but I have a higher fat percentage than I'd like...like over 20%. My goal is to be tone (belly) and gain strength. I don't necessarily feel the need to get to where I used to be, but I'd like to be able to do 225 a few times.

So...lose fat, tone up, gain strength. Any suggestions on how to organize workouts?

At your size and weight, I think you should get some protein in you and hit the weights. Do some cardio and such but man, you need muscle mass. We're about the same hight and I'm 200 lbs, and I'm carrying 24% body fat, so I have some work to do to get below 20%. Sounds to me like you just need to bulk up (again, protein) and hit the weights. There's a ton of programs free on line, just Google.

PAChiefsGuy 02-20-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Best bang for your buck losing weight is eating and drinking healthy and disciplined. Gym is just an added bonus.

Cardio does far more for losing weight than lifting weights will. Good for your heart too.

penguinz 02-20-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Who the **** let you in here! :D

ThaVirus 02-20-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14804907)
Cardio does far more for losing weight than lifting weights will. Good for your heart too.

I've read the contrary, actually. By lifting weights you can change your body composition in adding more muscle, which will burn more calories in the long run.

Marcellus 02-20-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14804937)
I've read the contrary, actually. By lifting weights you can change your body composition in adding more muscle, which will burn more calories in the long run.

Yup, muscle burns calories. Gain muscle, burn more calories.

PAChiefsGuy 02-20-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14804937)

I've read that too. I don't buy it. Personally, I'll take cardio over lifting any day as far as keeping my weight down but to each their own. Do what works best for you.

penguinz 02-20-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14804907)
Best bang for your buck losing weight is eating and drinking healthy and disciplined. Gym is just an added bonus.

Weight really isn't a measurement you should be using unless you are trying to make weight for a fight. Go more by how you feel and look in the mirror.

Going by weight I am less than 1 point from being considered obese. Could not be father from the truth.

Cardio strengthens heart and lungs. It really does not do much for burning calories.

Weight training builds muscle which needs more energy therefor you burn more calories and your body will look to utilizing fat stores to do so.

ThaVirus 02-20-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14804961)
I've read that too. I don't buy it. Personally, I'll take cardio over lifting any day as far as keeping my weight down but to each their own. Do what works best for you.

Well, sure. If you only care about what the scale says, lifting weights won’t give you those immediate losses like distance running would since you’re likely to gain weight in muscles.. I think science backs lifting>running though.

It takes a lot more calories to maintain a 6’2” 215 pound body full of muscle than it would a 5’11” 175 pound slimmer body of a distance runner. The muscular guy is burning insane calories while he’s going about his day, resting, sleeping.

Plus, lifting heavy weights burns a shit ton of calories in its own right.

philfree 02-20-2020 11:32 AM

Most effective way would be a combo of weights and cardio or what ever they call it these days. The tech on cardio these days seems to be HITT instead of just grinding out 45 minutes plus of what ever cardio you're doing. That's what the 14 minute workout on the Max is about. And also when it comes to lifting, high reps with low weights really isn't that good from my experience. Didn't really keep my muscles supple like I wanted. I think it had the opposite effect.

penguinz 02-20-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14804987)
And also when it comes to lifting, high reps with low weights really isn't that good from my experience. Didn't really keep my muscles supple like I wanted. I think it had the opposite effect.

Then you are doing it wrong. High reps at lower weight can be just as effective as high weight low reps.

JohnnyHammersticks 02-20-2020 02:06 PM

Started working legs hard a few months ago. Was always doing cardio involving legs but wasn't doing much lifting with them. Have a Smith machine in my house and started doing 5 sets of 12 rep squats at least twice a week. Also have a leg curl machine and started basically the same program for hamstrings. Doing hip resistance bands also. Up to 200lbs for my last squat set and 50 for my last hamstring set. Took about a month before I noticed any size difference, but definitely can see it at this point.

Should've been doing this all along - especially the squats. Makes such a huge difference in everything you do. Even everyday life things like golf, climbing stairs, yard work, etc.

ThaVirus 02-20-2020 02:15 PM

Squats and deadlifts are great. Probably the best bang for your buck lifts you can do.

Chargem 02-20-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 14804856)

Either Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5 is the biggest bang for your buck in getting you back up to respectable weights quickly and adding some muscle.

notorious 02-20-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14802388)
It's not official but

Be careful. A friend gave me his Bowflex Extreme 2 SE, I replaced the rods.

It's okay, but I maxed the thing out in the first day with new rods. The ****ing cables twisted a lot, and I had to farmer-fix them. (fairly easy)

I like some of the workouts, but end up doing free weights when it's time to burn.

notorious 02-20-2020 04:45 PM

Marcellus, I have been doing the 150-200 grams protein, 300 carbs diet and it's working well.

I haven't felt this good in years. Workouts are fantastic, but damn this extra energy is eye-opening.

I can't believe I tried the low-carb keto bullshit in December. I felt like shit 95% of the time. **** that diet.

penguinz 02-20-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 14805450)
Started working legs hard a few months ago. Was always doing cardio involving legs but wasn't doing much lifting with them. Have a Smith machine in my house and started doing 5 sets of 12 rep squats at least twice a week. Also have a leg curl machine and started basically the same program for hamstrings. Doing hip resistance bands also. Up to 200lbs for my last squat set and 50 for my last hamstring set. Took about a month before I noticed any size difference, but definitely can see it at this point.

Should've been doing this all along - especially the squats. Makes such a huge difference in everything you do. Even everyday life things like golf, climbing stairs, yard work, etc.

Really want to blast the **** out of your legs? Throw 135 on the bar and do 100 reps of squats in as few sets as possible. Do that twice a week until you can do it on a regular basis in 1-2 sets.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-20-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14804987)
Most effective way would be a combo of weights and cardio or what ever they call it these days. The tech on cardio these days seems to be HITT instead of just grinding out 45 minutes plus of what ever cardio you're doing. That's what the 14 minute workout on the Max is about. And also when it comes to lifting, high reps with low weights really isn't that good from my experience. Didn't really keep my muscles supple like I wanted. I think it had the opposite effect.

Agreed here!! Do HITT two times a week and do a Push/Pull/Legs for the other three days. Mix in abs at the end of every workout too. 80% of what you look like though is nutrition. For morning stick with eggs and oatmeal. Fruit and veggies are always good. Chicken, Steak, salmon and turkey are all good sources of protein you want to eat. Eat three meals a day but throw in a snack or two but healthy one. Nuts are a really good snack.

Marcellus 02-20-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14805687)
Marcellus, I have been doing the 150-200 grams protein, 300 carbs diet and it's working well.

I haven't felt this good in years. Workouts are fantastic, but damn this extra energy is eye-opening.

I can't believe I tried the low-carb keto bullshit in December. I felt like shit 95% of the time. **** that diet.

Thats awesome, key is finding something you like and that you will stick with and results tend to help that along.

penguinz 02-20-2020 06:36 PM

My 13 year old just made fun of me for not doing my full reps at 295.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-20-2020 06:50 PM

I'm down 17 pounds since the Chiefs became SuperBowl Champions.

No Beer

No breakfast
1/2 a chicken breast and one egg for lunch

Large salad topped with turkey for Dinner.

Bam! 17 pounds in 18 days bitches!

notorious 02-20-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14805944)
I'm down 17 pounds since the Chiefs became SuperBowl Champions.

No Beer

No breakfast
1/2 a chicken breast and one egg for lunch

Large salad topped with turkey for Dinner.

Bam! 17 pounds in 18 days bitches!

The cure is worse than the disease!!!!

Marcellus 02-21-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14806117)
The cure is worse than the disease!!!!

I work out so I CAN drink beer.

philfree 02-21-2020 10:11 PM

Did a good workout yesterday but then had some cocktails so no workout today. Going take a 1/2 gallon jug of water out to the hot tub and drink it while I boil myself.

Had a bad food experience yesterday. Took the wife to her favorite sushi place and when we go there some times I deviate from what's on the menu. I ordered a roll that was supposed to have only lobster in it. I have them leave out the celery and carrot and other stuff. Well I don't know what the server told the chef but when I got my order the celery and stuff was in it. Okay no biggie I figured I would just go ahead and eat it that way as it's still a good roll. I ate a piece or two and it didn't seem right. I was looking at it and ate another piece or two. Then I figured it out. They served me raw lobster. I've lived so far but ewwww. I probably got some kind of nasty bacteria running through my intestines. :Lin:

JohnnyHammersticks 02-23-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14805688)
Really want to blast the **** out of your legs? Throw 135 on the bar and do 100 reps of squats in as few sets as possible. Do that twice a week until you can do it on a regular basis in 1-2 sets.

Whoa...you weren't kidding. Just tried it for the first time. Goal was 3 sets, but it took me four (33-33-24-10) and my legs are on fire. I fell off a cliff in that third set.

Titty Meat 02-23-2020 04:57 PM

I hate doing squats with the bar and my technique is trash.

So I do squats on this:
https://www.fitdir.com/body-solid-pr...UaAlZJEALw_wcB

Is this not optimal?

lewdog 02-23-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14809698)

So I do squats on this:

Is this not optimal?

Man up and work on technique. Nothing can simulate a free weight squat.

The Franchise 02-23-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14805687)

It’s all about the person. Saying the keto diet is bullshit just because it didn’t work for you is stupid. It obviously works for some people. It just didn’t work for you.

JohnnyHammersticks 02-23-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

So I do squats on this:

Is this not optimal?

Should work great. Basically an upgraded version of what I have, which is just a basic Smith machine.

notorious 02-23-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14809806)
It’s all about the person. Saying the keto diet is bullshit just because it didn’t work for you is stupid. It obviously works for some people. It just didn’t work for you.

If I worked in an office where zero energy is expended it might work.

I work construction. Keto was going to kill me, and it will kill anyone that expends a lot of energy during a day.

Chargem 02-24-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

So I do squats on this:

Is this not optimal?

Which part do you hate about it? If its the bar being on your back, check if your gym has a safety squat bar like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2jmZyptN64

And Lew is right, your technique being trash is not a reason to not do it, just go lighter, perfect the technique, add weight.

ChiefsOne 03-03-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 14805920)
My 13 year old just made fun of me for not doing my full reps at 295.

He should!

lewdog 04-29-2020 07:48 AM

Never thought I’d say this but, what’s the better band options I can buy for something else to add to home workouts?

Currently have BB with some weights, ez bar and some light dumbbells. No bench or anything else though. Chest is suffering.

lewdog 04-29-2020 10:05 AM

Ordered these. $35 which included shipping.

Never thought I’d be order bands. FML.

https://boldresistance.com/cables/

loochy 04-29-2020 02:30 PM

I got this rack from titan fitness with a dip bar attachment:
https://www.titan.fitness/racks/powe...ck/400424.html

I ordered this barbell:
https://www.elitefts.com/varikas-bar.html

I can't find any plates (at a reasonable price - used ones are about $2 a lb - F that) or benches. I'm on the lookout. At least I'll be able to do pull ups and dips until I can find something to hang on my bar.

Titty Meat 04-29-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14943034)
Ordered these. $35 which included shipping.

Never thought I’d be order bands. FML.

https://boldresistance.com/cables/

U r gay

lewdog 04-30-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14943724)
U r gay

Order was cancelled.

Credit Card info likely stolen would be my guess.

Damn.

loochy 05-06-2020 05:39 PM

I got a bench today. I got a "product in stock" notification in my email. Within 10 minutes I had the bench and some accessories ordered. After the order I went back to the product page...and it was already sold out again. That's insane.

Brody Wa 05-07-2020 04:07 PM

I have a old seperated shoulder injury so I use the Smith machine bench press which makes the excercise much much easier. With that being said... I was able to get 325 ON THE SMITH MACHINE 10 times. I can also do 25 pull ups. I haven’t been to the gym in almost 3 months so I’m going to have to start from scratch. I’m 5f ft 8 175 pounds.

limested 05-07-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody Wa (Post 14958033)
I have a old seperated shoulder injury so I use the Smith machine bench press which makes the excercise much much easier. With that being said... I was able to get 325 ON THE SMITH MACHINE 10 times. I can also do 25 pull ups. I haven’t been to the gym in almost 3 months so I’m going to have to start from scratch. I’m 5f ft 8 175 pounds.

Smith machine is likely to f your shoulders up more. It locks you into a fixed path.

philfree 05-07-2020 05:06 PM

Todays fitness was push mowing the front and backyard in record time to beat the rain.

Brody Wa 05-07-2020 05:17 PM

I think it’s pick your poison for me. Do I go through mild pain for 2-3 days or a very noticeable pain for 1-2 days.

Brody Wa 05-07-2020 05:23 PM

It’s pick your poison for me. Smith machine = 2-3 days of mild pain and flat bench = 1-2 days of noticeable pain.

limested 05-07-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody Wa (Post 14958217)
It’s pick your poison for me. Smith machine = 2-3 days of mild pain and flat bench = 1-2 days of noticeable pain.

You need to look at your form then.

lewdog 05-19-2020 06:53 AM

Anyone have experience with Rogue folding racks? Can put in garage and still park my car too. Really liking this idea.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-r...all-mount-rack

Buehler445 05-19-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14978782)
Anyone have experience with Rogue folding racks? Can put in garage and still park my car too. Really liking this idea.

I’ve seen your arms. Just lift the car.

limested 05-19-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14978782)

If my basement had tall enough ceilings I would definitely get one.

lewdog 06-18-2020 03:46 PM

Who here is on TRT?

Tell me your stories.

Chris Meck 06-18-2020 04:06 PM

I'm "fitness" whole margarita in my mouth. It's working out GREAT.

Buehler445 06-18-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15026531)
Who here is on TRT?

Tell me your stories.

My BIL is. He seems to be doing OK with it. At least to the extent he’ll tell me.

loochy 06-24-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Who here is on TRT?

Tell me your stories.

I am. I love it. Do you have any specific questions?

loochy 06-24-2020 08:16 AM

Has anyone on here ever used a safety squat bar? Titan has a scratch and dent sale on one for $199. I'm considering picking it up, but I've never used one. As a tall guy with long legs, I have trouble hitting depth without jackknifing my upper body. I thought the safety bar might help. Enlighten me please.

The Franchise 06-24-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Who here is on TRT?

Tell me your stories.

Don’t you have to get prescribed for that?

The Franchise 06-24-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15034982)

Is that shit over the counter? Or do you have to have a prescription?

BigCatDaddy 06-24-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Who here is on TRT?

Tell me your stories.

For over 10 years. I love it and Mrs Bigcatdaddy loves it.

BigCatDaddy 06-24-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15035084)
Is that shit over the counter? Or do you have to have a prescription?

Script.

The Franchise 06-24-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15035191)
Script.

I’m assuming you have to get tested for low testosterone?

BigCatDaddy 06-24-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15035201)
I’m assuming you have to get tested for low testosterone?

Yes but there are centers open especially for TRT and such that are willing to prescribe to about anyone.

lewdog 06-24-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15034982)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15035189)
For over 10 years. I love it and Mrs Bigcatdaddy loves it.

Just finding out who I have to be jealous of on CP.

Also I keep getting Facebook ads about home TRT.